Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own a camp chef sear box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone own a camp chef sear box?

I'm interested to know how exactly it's set up.. my impression from their site is that it's basically its own unit that you bolt on, it wouldn't actually matter what you bolt it to. How well does it work?

I'm wondering if I could adapt the mounting to fit other pellet smokers to offer a simple/cheap/quick searing option. I'm currently shopping for a big upgrade but don't love having to have two separate grills.

My current thought it finding a way to attach it to the side of something like a Yoder YS1500 or Pitts & Spitts Maverick 2000. Seems a lot easier/cheaper than sourcing my own burner and building something from scratch.

Yep have had one for two years now Works great. On the CC it uses same holes and screws as side table. Attaching it to something else might require a little thought. Should not be a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by k2kyo View Post
      How well does it work?
      It will sear the crap out of anything - INCLUDING my hand. Had it on for about 20 minutes and decided to move the grill by putting my left hand - palm down - on top of the cover to push the grill. BAD mistake.

Comment

• k2kyo
        k2kyo commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch, that's a rough one.. burns are the worst. Last year during our huge summer party (70+ people) I decided for some brilliant reason (sleep deprivation mostly) to remove the meat probe without a glove on.

Poor quality, less than one year parts where burning holes through. After warranty expires I will be looking for something else. No more CC products for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here