Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me

Trying something new today for me. Pork belly burnt ends. Trying to do while on call so my sous chef (my lovely bride) is managing the smoking duties at this time. Got them on the YS-640 and got called in. Step one was cubing and rub application. More to follow.

These are to be the appetizers before supper tonight which will be filet mignon reverse seared.
    Attached Files

What time is dinner?

Comment

When you are doing a bunch I find it's a pain in the ass to turn each one. Either cube them 90% of the way through the belly to keep intact and turn all at the same time or poke em with kebab skewers.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a great idea. Sous chef was turning as I sprinkled rub. Effiency. Skewers for sure if by myself.

After 3 hours in the smoke. Getting ready to wrap.
      Attached Files

Comment

You are off to a great start.

Comment

They turned out awesome. Will definitely do again. Would add a bit more honey for the glaze and perhaps a little less rub (or a slightly less salty rub) on the front side. They were tender and rich. Too bad Offspring wasn't here to help ingest some. Will be taking to the office tomorrow as snacks for all.

Rubbed each piece, three hours in the smoke at 250, wrapped in foil with apple juice and honey and braised for 50 minutes at 300, then sauced and allowed that to tack up for 20 more minutes.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Sweaty Paul; May 27, 2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I wish I worked where you do!!! Looks great thanks for the pics and write-up . I need to try this!!

Comment

Little chunks of goodness! 👍👍👍 🕶

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here