Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pellet tube smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which pellet tube smoker?

There are lots of smoke tubes available. Most are available on Amazon. Here are a few I found with prices.

A-Maze-N, prefilled with Hickory ($ 22.99)
    GMG Thin Blue 11” to 18” ($29.99)
    Carpathen Z-Smoker 12” ($17.80)
    M Embr Smoking 12" Pellet Smoker Tube ($13.99)
    MVZAWINO Pellet Smoker Tube 12" ($9.99)
    IGNITE Stainless Steel Smoker Chip Tube 9” ($9.99)
    LzzQ.12” ($13.99)

How do I choose? ❓

Of the ones you listed, the A-Maze-N tube is probably the most widespread. I’ve got one (it wasn’t prefilled) for use if my Grilla ever needs some extra oomph. Haven’t had to use it yet but it’s there if needed.

Comment

I have the LzzQ. I know a lot of folks have the A-MAZ-N. I am happy with this. I guess it's what's your price point. I think they all perform well. I know the LzzQ gets 4.5 on Amazon.

Comment

I have a Wedgie but it’s not on you list. It’s a rectangle.

Comment

I like my Amaz-N. Used a couple of times for a bit more smoke flavor and it worked well.

Comment

I have a few ( don't remember the brands). I recommend getting a square or hexoganol one. That way you can place it anywhere. Depending on your grate style, a typical round one will obviously roll. Also a good 6" one would be good for shorter cooks. All my 12" ones burn for 4hrs plus. Of course you can half fill a 12 incher.

Comment

I filled mine a couple of times with 90% wood chips, 10% pellets simply to get more smoke flavor. The pellets were just to get the chips going at a slow rate. It works, but my pellet grill isn't giving me true tasting Q, so I bought an offset stick burner.

Comment

I have a A Maz N tube expanding model. I wasn't impressed with the results using it with my pellet pooper. Seems like I got a lot of creosote and bitter taste when using it. I thought that maybe insufficient oxygen caused it to smolder and not burn completely, just my opinion.

Comment

I have the LzzQ. I found that the flat sides make it easy to put anywhere in the grill. Rather than the round that could roll around if you don't place it between grates.

Comment

I’ve got the A-Maz-N tube in three sizes. Got those on the recommendation of a friend or cousin...had ‘em a long time. In principle they should all work about the same. I use them when i’m tasked to do a cook on my father’s Traeger (not quite enough of a smoke profile for my liking) or to cold smoke. They’re great for cold smoking because they give off very little heat, and the can be placed well away from the food.

Comment

I got an A-Maz-N tube and tried it for the first time about a week ago along with a conventional smoke box on my gasser. Of course, on the gasser, I didn't get a heavy smoke, but it was tasty nonetheless. As for the tube, well, it's a tube. Seems heavy duty enough material-wise.

Comment

I bought the new oval 12" Amaze-N-Tube instead of the round one. The oval shaped tube stays where I put it (no roll), and does a really good job. I use it on my gasser, ( only grill I have. My wife told me that the inoculation I got was for tetanus, but I was beginning to wonder...?) If I take out the spacer section of my GrillGrates, I can set it with the bottom end right against the flame protector.

Comment

Amaz-N Tube and tray. Good for cold smoking but I just can’t keep them lit in my pellet cooker, too much combustion gases sucking all the O2 is guess. They’re sitting in my gadget bin, home of all failed bbq gimmicks and failures !!!

Comment

I was going to buy a few hundred from china and they told me the round ones work better. About $3 each if buying in bulk.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
                              SmokingSteve commented
                              Editing a comment
                              See if you can get the oval instead of the round. No rolling.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here