Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time ever

At the casa of Sweaty Paul we have never cooked baby back ribs - only St. Louis cut. My wife, while shopping for ribs grabbed 2 racks of St. Louis and 2 of baby backs. They were delicious.

Best part about this whole cook was my 18 yo son (Sweaty Jr. ) did the whole thing. He trimmed and dry brined for 8 hours, used MMD for the rub, and then got them on the smoker being sure to spritz occasionally and manage the temps. They were spot on.
    Attached Files

Outstanding! Ribs look great and the fact that the BBQ tradition in the family continues is the sauce that brings it all together.

Comment

Now I know Sweaty Jr., but who is Sweaty Paul?

Good lookin cook BTW!

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        I try to avoid the lens. 😃. At some point I’m sure I’ll make the page!

Looks very tasty!

Comment

What a Multiple Milestone event!!!!!
        Great Job to Dad, fer teachin, an Fantastic Job to Sweaty, Jr., fer cookin!!!!!

Great Lookin ribs, there, Neighbours!!!!

Comment

He done good!

Comment

Great lookin' ribs. I bet they were no sweat - or maybe yes...

Comment

Nice cook. He did well.

Comment

Good job Sweaty Jr. !!!! Show that Dad how it as done!!!!

Comment

Looks like JR could eat 2 racks himself 🤙

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                    Sweaty Paul commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He tries! Certainly gets one down.

great looking ribs! Looks like it will cost you a lot every time he comes home... Just providing the meat. I think you have a pitmaster in the making.....

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                    Sweaty Paul commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well at least he appreciates good food and hope he enjoys cooking as I much as I do.

Good job SP II! I got to coach my nephew through his first prime rib roast cook at Christmas and he nailed too. It is a wonderful feeling to watch our kids succeed, no matter what it is.

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
                    Sweaty Paul commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like watching kids grow and develop.

Awesome!

Comment

Nice job! Both of you!!

Comment

You trained him well!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here