Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of Z Grills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard of Z Grills?

Has anyone heard of or used Z Grills Pellet grills? This offer they have seems too good to be true. They are pretty much offering your money back after 6 years of ownership, or 3 years of free pellets. Here's the link to the post I saw on Facebook. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...14236892294591

I'm not really in the market for a pellet grill, but this ad has gotten me thinking. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Nope! Huntington Beach welcomes you and the new pellet gear.

Comment

Welcome goosebr160

Comment

Welcome from Indiana!

If I remember right one of their gills looks a lot like a Grilla Silverback... makes me curious if this is really a Chinese company that has stolen some American ingenuity and are selling it as their own. Kind of Similar to the issue that Dave over at slow n sear talked about in a magazine article.
        Last edited by Nate; April 27, 2018, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          ...yea right down to even looking like a Traeger clone. No thanks.

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          But don't just assume Chinese manufacture is junk. If you specify quality, they will produce it. So it's in the importer's hands. I've had some excellent cost-effective audio equipment and a great saxophone from them. (Actually, I still do)!

Welcome to the Pit goosebr160 from NE Washington state. Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun. If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like. For jokes, go to this thread. Go to this thread to post where you work and what your hobbies are and get to know other members here. We are happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

As for your question, I can't find a review on Amazing Ribs. Perhaps Max Good has some knowledge of them.
        Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; April 27, 2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Welcome! If it looks too good to be true 😊.........

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Texas. Lots of pellet poopers flooding the market for their share of the pie. I would shy away from anything that doesn't have sound customer support behind it. Pellet cookers are great cooking devices but like your home convection oven they are mechanical in nature and as we all know, mechanicals have a shelf life. You will have to fix/maintain eventually and you want to know someone is backing you're now in need of fixing lump of iron.

Comment

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                dunno, my KitchenAid convection oven is a beast....

It does sound intriguing.

Comment

I love the SWEARING feature! From their web site:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Swear feature.png
Views:	175
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	490376

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Took me a minute, I'm slow on the uptake...lol ....another reason to run, don't walk away

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Swear cause you can't sear, perhaps. Ultimate irony? Perhaps NOT.

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha good one. You have to wonder what word they MEANT to put there.

Thanks all, like I said, I've just been seeing their ads on FB and was curious if anyone has used them. If I were in the market for one, I'd certainly go for one that was reviewed here. I anyways check amazingribs.com before I purchase anything barbeque related!

Comment

Suffice it to say, I think this offer too good to be true, and would first be worried about actually receiving ANYTHING once the $599 left my account. And if it is real, who is to say they will be in business in 1 to 5 years, for you to see that rebate, assuming the cheap Chinese made knock off pellet grill runs a year even.

Comment

Mind boggling deal! ZGrills is a new company. I don't know much about them. I called and got an answering machine. Left my number and asked for a call back to learn more about this unusual deal.
                    Within about 15 minutes a fellow called me back, but my phone displayed "Homcare" so I didn't pick up assuming it was a solicitor. But it was ZGrills. When I called back they assured me the deal was real and just an aggressive promotion that only lasts a week. It is said truth is stranger than fiction, but one can't help question this deal. I couldn't find much about Homcare: https://start.cortera.com/c...
                    Same phone number as ZGrill.

Comment

Interesting that you actually got hold of someone Max Good .

Om the surface I almost feel like they are using the deal to entice people to bankroll their startup costs, with hopes of being profitable enough to send those rebate checks or free pellets out to the early adopters. I suppose time will tell.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                        ComfortablyNumb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Or here for this week and gone next.......

Right, 60 of us put in 10 bucks the ARibs buys it then we have a draw to see who gets it. Whoever wins, gets it with our best wishes, but they have to give us our 10 bucks back in 5 years.... LoL

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here