Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist Find Worth considering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigslist Find Worth considering?

I am on the fence about this. Actually I probably will pass on it unless they considered a lower price. Retail is 699.00. Doesn't seem to have a consistent following more of some love it some don't.With + or -20 degrees temp swing I can do better with my Kettle. Any one think it's a real deal? Any one reccomend staying clear of it?
    Thanks.

+/-20 is just like indoor ovens. Food still comes out great. Sinusoidal is not all together a really bad thing.

Comment

• Pirate Scott
      Pirate Scott commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess that +/- definitely is true, I made some pretty good food before I had a thermometer. Is your reference to Sinusoidal the type of control? Vs PID? Or other forms I know nothing about?

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Pirate Scott no it is just the technical term for how ovens cycle.

Personally, I would pass. If I was going pellet, I would go a different direction.

Comment

• Pirate Scott
      Pirate Scott commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife totally agrees with you, she wants me to go in the direction of we really don't need another grill do we? Thanks for the input it is appreciated.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Not saying don't get something. You gotta feed the need brother! Pirate Scott

If it was $200 I'd say maybe, definite no at $400.

Comment

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree!

Pass .... $400 would go a long way towards a new and better quality pellet smoker than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Scott View Post
      https://syracuse.craigslist.org/for/...285853536.html
      I am on the fence about this. Actually I probably will pass on it unless they considered a lower price. Retail is 699.00.
      If you want it, offer a lower price. The very essence of Craigslist is haggling. You offer 200, and then see where things go.

Comment

• Pirate Scott
        Pirate Scott commented
        Editing a comment
        Just seller an email, hey you never know.

Thanks to all for your advise, I have talked myself into waiting for something else. Not sure what.

Comment

From the pics in the link it's hard to tell the age and inside condition of the grill. If it's newer, the price is not that bad considering the $699 price point for a new one. I'm also wondering if there are any accessories, like a 2nd rack or cover included. If you could get it for $300 it's a pretty cheap entry into pellet cooking. As for owning a pellet grill, I think they are great. I own a Traeger Pro Series 22 and love it for ease of use, good capacity, quick cleanup and producing great tasting food.

I also regularly cook on many different types of grills/smokers (Weber, BGE, Humphrey's, Offset) and love those too!

Comment

• Pirate Scott
          Pirate Scott commented
          Editing a comment
          I am a Glutton for Punishment, just sent an email to seller. Will see where it goes.

I have that same pellet smoker and I have no complaints with except it is top heavy and it can fall over on uneven ground. As far as I am concerned all pellet grills have moving parts that can fail, Traeger has the best distribution out there to get replacement parts when required that is a plus. I have a Char Grill Akron egg and it can it all for less money.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here