Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo battery powered grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo battery powered grill

Just came across this due to a targeted ad. Guess it's been around a few months...

Not 100% sure I like the design/build, but it's not super expensive, supposedly cooks 300 sq inches with a small footprint and the most important, that battery!

I've been saying forever that pellet grills need to start using batteries even if they usually run on an outlet a battery backup would be amazing since people worry about not being able to grill with power outages and such.

Still waiting for someone to use heat to recharge a battery, since it's a very possible technology

Pellet Grills - Halo Products Group (halo-pg.com)

You looking for a new grill there buddy? Lots of posts on new and cool toys!

The battery would definitely be awesome for portable and camping type cooks.

For the main smoker, a good power bank and the right cord can add a battery for pellet smokers for what $30-$40? At least I had the MB set up like that for a while.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      Not looking at another pellet cooker, I'm set with my MAK but I do enjoy seing companies innovate. Some people do use an UPS or marine battery with their pellet cookers, I just think the grill manufacturers could come up with something matched to the grill model as an accessory or whatever.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I 100% agree on adding a battery as an accessory. Great idea.

I am also really enjoying looking at all of the new toys too so if you find anything else, please share!

There's something odd about this product and website. Maybe I'm overly suspicious, but looks like something brought in from China. No company information and all reviews were done 2 months ago.

Comment

Some pellet grills are already set up to run off 12V (was it GMG?), so running off a deep cycle battery or even using your car battery for a while in a pinch (out camping or something) isn't too bad an idea. I assume some of these augur motors are 12V DC, so they're already being converted from 110-120V to work in the first place.

We've discussed some 12V accessories for our smoker project, if we ever get it built, we might accessorize with some illumination, possibly a fan or fans, even audio. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! A simple deep cycle battery we could hook up to a trickle charger occasionally would be perfect.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here