Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Boss Laredo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Boss Laredo

Hey, y'all. My buddy is looking at this pellet grill at Walmart. I don't know much about this brand or model, so I was hoping to draw from the collective wisdom of the group. Any advice is appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1666.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1048902

I think AR nails it here as the comments reflect what I read elsewhere about even the new Pit Bosses. It can turn out great food but temp control, hot spots, and sometimes issues with pellets crop up. It is hard to really jump up and down and recommend them. However, if your friend just wants a cheap pellet grill and understands it will not be perfect, then maybe it works. Personally, if I wanted a cheaper pellet option, I’d go with the Grilla Chimp.

Pit Boss by Dansons, makers of the popular Louisiana Grills, has moved quickly into the growing pellet smoker arena dominated by Traeger. Danson's strategy to create a likeness of Traeger at a much lower price apparently worked. We tested and reviewed this model and award it our AmazingRibs.com Best Value Silver Medal.

Comment

• SavageSmoke
      SavageSmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

PitBoss is owned by Dansons. I had the Cabela's version, Augar broke after about 3-4 years. Temp swings and hot spots, but I learned to deal with them. Replaced it with a Traeger Timberline 850, and so far so good.

Comment

And they have wood flavored at least 4 times on the box, so, ya gotta guess ya get real wood flavor, yessir.

Comment

We have the Pit Boss tailgater. Really like it so far. I am new at this kind of cooking. I have smoked a brisket or two and Ome chicken leg quarters also some ribs. Everything has been a hit with all the family and friends. Think I made good choices with this purchase. We live and travel in a Solitude 310GK R Fifth wheel trailer. Tailgater is easy to travel with.

Comment

Arvis , 2 things, 1. Does yer tailgater have Real Wood Flavor? 2. Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here