Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't let the MAKs size fool ya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't let the MAKs size fool ya

8 butts, averaging 9lb each (smallest is 8.6lbs, biggest is 9.8). With a little tetris work I could get 2 more 6ish lbers on there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1029200759a.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	930926

Wow. That’s a lot of pig!! Looks great.

Comment

What is just as amazing is that the temperature varies only 15 degrees F (12 on mine) from top to bottom, left to right, and front to back.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah it's pretty consistent temp wise, what's crazier is Zeta is blowing directly at the vents right now, constant 25mph with 50+ gusts and the MAK is still chugging along within 5 degrees of the set point. My buddies woodwind will flameout if the wind comes a certain direction steadily.

Hungry?

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        Editing a comment
        watching it cook is making me a tad hungry

That is truly an impressive sight!

Are you cooking in the rain too? 😳

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        Editing a comment
        cooking in the wonderful weather that Zeta has brought us, 25ish mph wind with 50+ gusts and some random sideways upways and crossways rain. The MAK is handling it like a champ.

• lostclusters
        lostclusters commented
        Editing a comment
        Mak says cooking in the rain is no problem for the Mak grill. Born and raised in the state of Wahington where they do get a little rain from time to time.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        Editing a comment
        lostclusters theres a huge difference between NW (England/Germany) type rain, and rain from a post tropical cyclone The MAK handled it like a champ, just had to cover the fan port with a bit of wicker furniture to reduce the rain blown in

Wow, that is impressive! Stay safe!

Comment

Wow! What temp did you set the MAK at? Flame Zone Covers on or off? Show us the end results. Thanks in advance!

Comment

That's the MAK 1 Star? Or 2 Star?

Was looking at them the other day and wondering about capacity. I have a hard time translating "XX sq inches" into "racks of ribs"

Comment

• lostclusters
            lostclusters commented
            Editing a comment
            If you use rib racks you could fit a whole lot of ribs. I am guessing maybe six rib holders on my 1 star. Four rib racks per holder going side to side, two holding four half racks going front to back. 20 racks if my math is correct.
            Last edited by lostclusters; October 30, 2020, 09:46 AM.

• BFlynn
            BFlynn commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! That's great to know. A MAK may be my next cooker...... I rarely need to do more than 5 or 6 slabs at a time. Sounds like it'll do that easily. Never used a rib rack before.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            Editing a comment
            Mine is a 2018 model 2 Star, the new 2 stars can do a ton of ribs flat because they have multiple racks now. I think up to 12-16 racks depending on type of ribs. The 1 star is the same sq inch as the 2 star and even comes with the flamezone as standard now, but only has 1 additional rack so 6-8ish ribs flat.

Yeah baby... go BIG or go home... lol. MAK = small footprint w/ HUGE capacity

Attached Files

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            Editing a comment
            BFlynn this is the pic ya need to see for the newer 2 stars

• BFlynn
            BFlynn commented
            Editing a comment
            I want to go to there

rwalters Show off!!

Comment

• rwalters
            rwalters commented
            Editing a comment
            MAK gets all credit. I just flipped the switch

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here