Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduced tri tip to some friends for the first time... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduced tri tip to some friends for the first time... :)

Hope y’all had a blessed weekend! I was able to cook up a mess of chicken and reverse seared tri-tip on the MAK (flash seared on the OTB) today. Had a family over that had never had tri-tip. Crazy how so many people outside of CA have never heard of it, or even if they have they have never tried it. Let’s just say that it was love at first bite. Sure is fun cooking for others!!

Oh yeah, there was LOTS of MAK Q&A going on afterwards. Perhaps we’ll have a new TN MAK family member soon... wouldn’t surprise me 😊
    Attached Files

Good looking treats. I can see why they were happy. I’m reading this post eating a bowl of cereal. Wish I had what you’re serving

Comment

Man, that looks good!! Way to go introducing them to not only Tri tip, but also showing them the MAK. Way to go!

Comment

I'll be your friend by the looks of the "Q"

Comment

• rwalters
          rwalters commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya don’t win friends with salad

Looks awesome

Comment

I feel your friends pain concerning tri tip here on the right coast. Finding it is tough and when found selection is sparse. I will admit as much as it pains me to say this the Commissary at Langley AFB consistently stocks it. NAS Oceana it's hit or miss. You can usually find it at Trader Joes or Whole Foods but it costs the kings mint.
          BTW your cook looked fantastic and you have some pretty mad camera skills. I have read most of your MAK posts here and elsewhere and that is going to be my next grill purchase once we make our move to Fl after the Holidays.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            For FL I'd consider the new all stainless 2 star, it's a bit pricier, but comes with a bunch of accessories so I think only 600 more than the normal 2 star when its all said and done... The normal 1 and 2 stars will hold up to that FL salty air, but the all SS is gonna be much easier to maintain there.

• tiewunon
            tiewunon commented
            Editing a comment
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs I like the cut of your jib.

• rwalters
            rwalters commented
            Editing a comment
            Appreciate the kind words! Would love to see you join the MAK family

OK, I'll "bite": OTB? You reverse seared with Off Track Betting? Seriously, no idea what that is other than it is not the MAK.

Comment

• rwalters
            rwalters commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, meant OFB (Over Fired Broiler). I have had the Otto Wilde for about a year now. Love it! There is more competition that has hit the market since I bought. Otto Wilde is one of the originals, but there are others that seem to be great... with some being considerably cheaper.

• GolfGeezer
            GolfGeezer commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Robb. Geeze, that thing is over a grand on Amazon! Glad my gasser has an infrared burner to do that level of searing.

Wish we had tri-tip here, all of your cooks look great.

Comment

• tiewunon
            tiewunon commented
            Editing a comment
            Whiskeyman53 Seeing your avitar brought a smile to my face and I can actually here Johnny Most calling the play by play.

• Whiskeyman53
            Whiskeyman53 commented
            Editing a comment
            Those were truly great times to be a fan. Johnny was the best.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here