Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Addition to the Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Looking forward to your new cooks

Comment

Congrats on yer new bouncin baby cooker, Brother!

May she serve ya well, provide countless hours of Happiness, an make lotsa Great Foods!

Comment

I know envy is a bad trait but I seem to be getting it mire and more these day's.
        Congrats and happy day's ahead.

Comment

Congrats Skip that’s a real hummer dinger

Comment

One thing I noticed, it looks like you passed on the wifi... make sure you play with the programs on the pellet boss, they are pretty intuitive and fantastic for overnight cooks. I'll do mine generally to drop back down to smoke if the probe temp gets within 5 or 10 degrees depending on what protein it is. That way if I miss out on an alarm or whatever, at least the cooking process stops and drops back down to 180ish on smoke mode. Only needed it once, got distracted with yard work and missed my alarm on a pork butt, having it drop the temp from 250 back to smoke definitely saved the day.

Comment

• Skip
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. I'm trying a few different cooks to get the hang of it.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              Skip just an example of a pellet boss profile I have... Smoke mode until internal temp = 55 (typically an hour or so), then 225 until IT = 198, then smoke mode. That's my safety program for pork butts. Takes roughly the same amount of time to drop from 225 to the 180ish smoke temp as it does for the butt to get really close to 203.

Congrats! A buddy of mine just bought himself a pellet cooker this week too (not MAK though). Must be in the air.

Comment

Congrats Skip! Nice lookin machine.

Comment

Sweet! That new MAK looks very impressive!

Comment

Congrats looks like a great cooker

Comment

Very nice. Congratulations!

Comment

So jealous! Congrats. I can't wait to have one sitting out on my deck. Please pass along updates on your Mak 2-star adventures.

Comment

Nice. This whole COVID thing wasn't a complete waste if it helped you in this decision.

Comment

Very nice, Skip.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here