Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Shelf Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Shelf Fit

I finally received my Door, Shelf and sear grate a couple days ago and installed them Saturday.

How does the front shelf fit for other owners? My shelf has a larger gap than I expected, especially on the right side where it is twice as big as the left side. Is this normal or worth checking with MAK on?

The front door's latch wouldn’t catch but I was told on a Facebook group to just slam it and the catch would work fine after a few uses. Slamming does get the door to latch and I assume it will close normally after a while. Seems it may be a temporary fit issue on SS models. Thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	MAK_Door_Shelf_1000p.jpg Views:	0 Size:	249.8 KB ID:	1111244

I have the 2018 model and the front shelf does have a slight gap, but not uneven like yours shows. I would ping them about it.

he thing I do not like is the towel bar that mounts below it with having the front door like yours. If you put a roll of paper towels on it, the door is blocked from opening fully, or much at all. Useful for a hanging dish towel or wipe rag, but I rarely hang those, so I just removed the bar.

Comment

I’ve assembled at least 7 pits over the past 2 years, so I might not be remembering correctly, but it seems like there was a tiny amount of play if you loosen screws. I’ll have to look a little closer at mine next time I use the MAK. I’ll try to catch a pic for you, but might be a few days as I have indoor and gasser cooks planned next few days. I do remember thinking initially I wish it fit a little better than it does. I just can’t remember if I got it to move a bit or just decided to live with it.

Comment

Yeah, like I told you on FB unfortunately the miniscule thickness deference on the SS 2 star causes temporary issues with the latch. The good news is it quickly becomes a non-issue. Though it is sad, coming from a 2018 MAK where everything was perfect out of the box. Having said that, I wouldn't expect them to stock a different latch just for SS buyers, but some communication about the temporary situation with the latch would go a long way

Comment

Looks like I was able to adjust mine pretty even, I do remember it looking kinda like yours when I put it on. Snapped a couple pics last night getting the MAK ready to go for this morning. The shelf isn’t very handle light friendly.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'll try loosening the bolts, pushing the wide gap side in, pull the closer side out and tighten. If there is enough play that should do the trick.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here