Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tempting but the reason for sale is hilarious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempting but the reason for sale is hilarious...

MAK 1 star. $950. Near Seattle... https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/a...352260778.html

But why is he selling?

"Lightly used MAK 1 Star General Pellet Grill and Smoker. My wife went vegan and it just doesn't get used anymore. Awesome smoker in excellent condition. New ones go for around 2200 if you can find one. "

That is an ouch, but grilled veggies can be good. I dunno, I'd take it as a challenge to solve.
    Last edited by STEbbq; July 18, 2021, 02:02 PM. Reason: I proofread after I post because I like to live dangerously

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I guess they might have a gasser or something for that? At that price it's kind of tempting but I'm not looking to spend $1k on a pellet grill atm.

"My girlfriend is a vegetarian.....which pretty much makes me a vegetarian."

Comment

That's not a terrible deal for someone in the area, though I can't tell how old it is and if it will accept the newer flamezone, but I think it will since it has the built in upper rack slot. The $2.2K price on the new ones includes wifi and the flamezone.

Comment

If my wife went vegan shed be cooking her own meals. Nothing against vegan at all, dont get me wrong. When she was pregnant with out second kid we were both doing keto but she began to not be able to stomach the meals we typically cooked. Went right off fish, didnt like anything with a creamy base. I was cooking two different meals for a while before i gave up and just said ill eat whatever you are in the mood for.

Comment

Hmmm, I am heading to Seattle in a couple days...

Comment

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            Buy! Buy!! Buy!!

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            Joe, it does have the old controller, so that you’d probably upgrade. It looks in awesome shape though. If you are serious, MAK is cool and if you get serial number from seller and call, people at MAK will tell you about the grill and what you can upgrade on it. I’d want to be sure it’s the model with the bigger cooking area, the 1 stars were smaller originally.

• rickgregory
            rickgregory commented
            Editing a comment
            Just so you know, it's actually across the water in Port Townsend. But yeah, if it's as good a shape as it appears, it's a nice deal

Happy wife, happy life, indeed!

Comment

Looks to be well taken care of for sure. Could be a good deal for someone.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here