Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unpacked the Chimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpacked the Chimp

Unpacked and seasoned yesterday. This thing is a beast. Getting it in the RV basement may be a challenge. I have a couple small issues with it. The legs are held in place with spring loaded buttons that snap into holes. They are really hard to depress, and one of them popped out and is in the leg somewhere. One of the angle pieces that the grate sits on has a small bend in it, but it doesn’t affect how the grate sits and the powder coat isn’t scratched, so I am not worried about rust. Took me about 30 minutes to set up, would have been quicker but I set it up by myself.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	396F9E54-BD5D-4FF0-81A9-0F2673CBE4AD.jpeg
Views:	495
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	951694

Name:	06CFBA8F-45E8-47E2-B85F-F5F3F4579BBF.jpeg
Views:	475
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	951695

Name:	1154BBBE-A397-469D-B216-388654B8474D.jpeg
Views:	476
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	951696

Name:	0518BC80-D86E-4B87-A4F1-2802780F2B03.jpeg
Views:	474
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	951697

Name:	896E07F9-AA1B-40CB-886D-ABB8DB4C2B8D.jpeg
Views:	532
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	951698
    Me, happy ooohhhh ooohhh aaahhh aaahhh (chimp talk)

Name:	32E7987D-21CD-4963-A1F1-B61425227D2F.jpeg
Views:	465
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	951699

Looks beautiful!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I am, aren’t I. Oh, you were talking about the chimp lol

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I was blinded by the Chimp but I have now noticed your pic.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I was going to say "not a bad pic of the happy owner either"!

I have been looking at pellet grills lately too.. that things looks sweet!!! I noticed the stocking cap... What is the temp there??😁

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      It was in the 40s when I set it up. I know, not cold to you northerners lol
      Last edited by klflowers; December 6, 2020, 04:31 PM.

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers just giving ya crap!! I was wondering what temp you southerners consider stocking hat weather!!😁😁. Enjoy that new toy and let's see some protein on that thing!!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Backroadmeats, when I moved here 25 years ago I wore a jacket all year. Now if it is below 50 I complain

I do like the bottom photo the best! Congrats! What are you breaking in on it?

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Wibs on it now

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Posted on suwyc thread

Congrats - waiting on your first smoke photos.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Coming soon

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Posted on suwyc thread

Awesome! Happy grillin!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I really like dealing with the Grilla guys

I assume the pop clips are like on a pole for concrete tools or swimming pool nets... if so, cut a metal hanger and bend the tip with pliers, try to fish it out. (I'm assuming you mean it fell down into a hollow leg). As to the bent stuff, even if you aren't bothered by it, I would reach out to Grilla. All may still work fine now, but after a few hot and cold cycles it could grow into an issue. Better to let them be aware of it now instead of bringing it up down the road

Enjoy the cooker!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going to call them tomorrow. The bottom of the leg is covered, I tried to fish it out from the top, but short of removing the leg, I can’t seem to find it. I need that fixed though, when I travel with it it will be critical.
      Last edited by klflowers; December 6, 2020, 04:33 PM. Reason: Clarified trying to fish the tab out

Oh my. That cooker looks like a substantial build that should give many years of enjoyment. Congrats on what looks like a great choice.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I Iike it, and better yet, the wife said that’s nice

I would contact Grilla for sure about all those issues - I am sure they will make it all right. They seem to have excellent customer service.

Have fun smoking on the road in your RV!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going to call them in the AM, the leg issue needs to be fixed. They are some great folks though

Congrats! I still see a little space in the corner of your deck. PBC, PBJ, PBC!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      It is next on the list. I am going to have to sneak it in.

Nice but it is not a Traeger.
    why did you decide on the Chimp over other pellet Grills?

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not take your comment as a knock on Traeger.
      When covid is over, or we get the vaccine I plan to get my hands on the grill before the upgrade.
      Thank you.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a problem. Glad to help out on your choice. There are a lot of good products out there

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      bbqLuv the older Tragers used to be made in the US and most people loved 'em. The newer models are made overseas and not as great quality. They still put out a decent grill but the price is a bit high for what you get, I personally feel there are better priced manufacturers in the same quality level now. Additionally some even better priced & better quality stuff is on the market too!

Nice. Think you're gonna really love it. Now stay warm!

Comment

Congrats. I did see the good looking first cook and here the good looking other cook.

Comment

Congratulations. Looking forward to reviews and your first cooks.

Comment

Looks real nice!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here