Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Grilla Grills Silverbac Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grilla Grills Silverbac Alpha

Hey ya'll. As many of you know, I was fortunate enough to have an outstanding week last week.
    I thought I'd share some pics from the past weeks cooks. I've pretty much cooked on it every day and am having so much fun learning a new toy to play with. I missed a couple pictures from Mother's Day and such.
    All in all it's been great. I'm expecting delivery of the Hasty Bake today. Life is great!

At first burn in!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190507_175622.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	679059

Name:	IMG_20190508_170739.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	679062Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190508_174254.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	679069

Some Venison Backstrap / Tenderloin

Name:	IMG_20190511_164021.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	679061

Name:	IMG_20190510_164003.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	679063

Name:	IMG_20190511_122858.jpg
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	679064
    Yes that is some of the cold smoked cheese!

Name:	IMG_20190513_165415.jpg
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	679067
    Attached Files

Looks like some happy young folks too. Good looking kiddos and food.

Comment

Wow steak is perfect! Bet those cute kids devoured the tasty looking pizza as well. I would say you had a good week!

Comment

Several solid days for sure.

Comment

Damn. A Gorilla and a Hasty in one week. Guess it’s a great thing you only had to pay for one. 👍👍😁😁

Comment

Love everything about this thread

Comment

What? No smoked bananas for the Gorilla?

Comment

How much have you played with the different control options? I have a friend I'm steering towards Grilla at the moment (IMO the best grill for his needs and budget), but he thinks that he'd learn to like 1 controller option and never use the other... Obviously he'd be happy with the non-alpha version, but I think both control options have their place depending on what you have on the grates

Also, what does the alpha run at on low smoke that you can smoke cheese in the main box this time of year? Or is it just that cold where you live still? Even in my warming box on the MAK I have to put ice in there with the cheese if it's over 70 outside or I end up with melty cheese

Comment

That is some fine looking food and the kids look they are having a lot of fun making those pizza. I have yet to pull the trigger, but I am also leaning on purchasing a Silverbac. I definitely will be following this thread to see all the great things your a making.

Comment

Looks like you had an Amazing week!! Gratz. the pix of the food are making me drool.

Comment

So, now that you have had your Hasty Bake for nearly a year I would be interested in your opinion of it. Is it the 256? I have one and I am disappointed in not being able to hold the temp below about 250 for more that 5-6 hours without refueling. I tried the fuse method which gave fairly good results but the fuel load only lasted 5 1/2 hours. Also, how would you compare the Hasty Bake to the Silver Bac?

Comment

You don't get paid enough to have that much fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here