Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maiden voyage low/slow cook on the SilverBac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maiden voyage low/slow cook on the SilverBac

Went ahead with the 2 pork butts from Sam’s. Approx 6-8 lbs each. My son requested this for his lacrosse team. So I’m feeding 12 rabid freshmen tonight.

The pellet usage is superb, less than a 1/4 used since 8am. Pic taken at 2pm. Cooker running at 225°F(pro mode), ambient temp is around 25°F at start to currently 45°F. Slightly breezy and low humidity, around 42%. Pellets used are Grilla Hickory with JD blend on top. Before starting I had about 1/3 hopper of Grilla and filled remaining up with JD. I did fill my smoke tube up with the JD.

Decided to use an SPG rub on one and Big Bob’s on another. Will report back on my favorite and finished products. They’re currently in the wrap and finishing.

I will note, the grill meat probe seems to be off a touch, about 5-10°F from my fireboard
    Attached Files

Long live the Pellet grill

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

You are going to enjoy that cooker. Looks great!

Comment

Looking good! How long will it go on a full load of pellets?

Comment

• au4stree
            au4stree commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m not sure, I haven’t had it long enough to cook it that long. Based on the early settings, a long time, 12+ hours easy.

Pork was a hit, not much left. These kids can eat. My favorite was the Big Bob’s pork butt. Touch better bark and just all around tastier pork. The buckshot is fantastic on beef and pork chops.

Note: the smoke ring was substantial. Smoke tube and Pro mode delivered.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by au4stree; January 28, 2022, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

My Grilla probe is also 5-10 F off my Thermoworks Smoke. I keep intending to do the adjustment thing for it, but keep forgetting. This my second probe -- my first was always 30 - 50 F higher than actual!

Comment

I guess I’ve been lucky. My ChefAlarm, Smoke, and OG Alpha controller (a recent upgrade) probes all seem to agree within a fraction of a degree. Nice cook, BTW au4stree.

Comment

Great looking pork. Can’t wait to get my own Grilla.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here