Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilla OG for outdoor kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilla OG for outdoor kitchen

Hi everyone. I've started designing an outdoor kitchen and although I've loved my pitboss 820, I think it's time for an upgrade. I'm strongly considering the Grilla OG because of the praise it gets for better smoke flavor, and I don't need the size since I have other cookers to work alongside it. I am concerned with its footprint. Having the door on the "front" and the controls oriented to the side seems like a major challenge for incorporating it into a kitchen setup.

Has anyone successfully incorporated this grill into an outdoor kitchen? If so, I'd love to see pics. Also, for all of you that own it, would you imagine it difficult to constantly reach around the front to get at thr controls? Thanks for the input!

Grilla offers modular parts for an outdoor kitchen so I would assume it would pretty solid. Perhaps a good question for them as well?

Comment

• DVal
      DVal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I did email them and they directed me to the "built in" cabinet on the page you mentioned. Their solution is to park it on the same bench they use for their silverbac, which will lead to the issues I mentioned (and it looks sort of funny in the pics). I was considering something a little more custom, sort of the way people build in their kamado smokers. I think I'm going to need to dig deep for some creativity on this one.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here