Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Cook on GMG Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Cook on GMG Trek

I did my first cook on my new GMG Trek...did some beef short ribs and smoked cream cheese...

I can see how the ease of uses of a pellet grill makes them so popular...

Here are a couple of PIX...

Click image for larger version

Name:	26F815EA-8DD5-4611-ABDE-C30C9FA45AAB.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1240326
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5F462833-F967-4B4F-99FB-337D6C99D0F8.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	1240327

Dem ribs look great.

Comment

Wow, great looking ribs.

Comment

RonB & Purc thank you...The ribs came out great...not a bad deal since they were on the "green meat special" shelf at the store, couldn't pass them up. Will definitely be doing them again...

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I call those mangers special section "Store Aged"

That there is what makes it all worth it! Keep on Smoking!!

Comment

Very nice! One thing about the Trek (and the Davy before it), ALWAYS vacuum the fire pot between uses. There'll be problems if you don't.

Comment

Great looking ribs, a couple of days ago I planned on smoking a rack of spareribs in a charcoal smoker but I didn't want to stop the yard work. Plan B, fill the hopper,, turn on, set the temperature and put the ribs in. Six hours later ribs are finished and yard work is done, have to love pellet grills.

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

It looks great!

Comment

Those are gorgeous

Comment

Lookin good! How was the cheese? At least 5 times I’ve told myself that I’m going to do cream cheese the next time I bust out the smoker. I did baby backs on Monday, but did I remember? Nope.

Comment

• clb239
                      clb239 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sid P I did smoked cream cheese a couple of weeks ago for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was a huge hit. This time I did a piece of block of cheese since it was just me and it came out really tasty...

Looking good!

Comment

Looks real good. Luv me some smoked short ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by dave from mesa View Post
                        Looks real good. Luv me some smoked short ribs.
                        I gotta say they look delicious! Great photo doesn't hurt either, so I figured you'd like it. OTOH, you can have my share of any smoked cheese.

Comment

• zinfella
                          zinfella commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Okay, thanks. That matches up with what my buddy Dave told me abut using his Davy Crockett for the cook.

• dave from mesa
                          dave from mesa commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Did 275 give you any smoke flavor?

• clb239
                          clb239 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          dave from mesa I thought it had a decent amount of smoke flavor. It was not as strong as what I would get with my PBC but it was noticeable...

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here