Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Trek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Trek!

I am quite pleased with the Trek! Love the solid feet, it fits well on the aluminum folding table. Inner parts seem to be just like the Davy, which is a good thing. I have a contest this weekend and the Trek will be my brisket searer (at the start of the cook) and the chicken thigh setter (to get the shape set before going into the butter bath). Trek will stay in the Travato, so I'll always have a cooker with me! I've got this fancy modification where I can power the GMG up from the chassis battery, which is attached to solar panels. It's a real treat to not have to depend on electricity or generator to run the cookers.

Congrats! I'd be interested to hear more about searing a brisket at the start of a cook....

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I will document!

Ditto on the front searing.

Comment

I'm confused. This has nothing to do with the a new Star Trek show...

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm expecting "stellar" results from the GMG Trek!

Congrats on the latest acquisition. Hoping your results with it are out of this world. I too would love to read more about front searing a brisket.

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a tip I shigged from Darren Werth, Iowa Smokey D. If you're ever in Des Moines, eat a meal at one of his restaurants. Really good eats! Logic behind it is sear the outside and lose less moisture.

Trek in a competition situation draws my interest. Photos of course, and text 'til your fingers fall off!

Comment

Here's my setup from last November, using the Davy. I took the handle "legs" off and those stupid spring things don't give enough space to put a drip catcher under. I reoriented at the rib cookoff in April this year because the 12 volt plug is out the back door of the van.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	setup.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1215944

Comment

I purchased a Trek last year for camping. My first pellet grill. It is handy and I really like it. Have fun!

Comment

Trek - I saw this and came in thinking Trek bicycles

forgot I was in a food forum!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here