Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canp Chef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canp Chef

I'm thinking of buying a Camp Chef smoker anyone had experience with them I see they are rated pretty good

Depends what model, what your budget is, is it going to be your only cooker, what types and sizes of things do you plan on smoking, and what your climate is.

By the way, welcome to the pitmaster club

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. As above, more info will help us help you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Have you seen the review and ratings section?
        Forbes called us "the top website devoted to in-depth grill reviews." Our team of professional reviewers is hard at work finding the best and worst grills, smokers, thermometers, tools, accessories, artisan foods, and books for you.
        Last edited by HawkerXP; January 12, 2020, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I have the smoke vault 24, and it gets used a LOT. it's my primary smoker for the family and small cooks.

Comment

• theroc
            theroc commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 - the smoke vault 24 is a workhorse.

Welcome to the Pit from the Okanogan Valley of Washington state. The only experience I have with Camp Chef is their outdoor burners, and all have served me well. For smoking I prefer using wood, so I have a KBQ for that. I can also smoke with charcoal in my PK360, but primarily use it for grilling. I recently got a Blackstone griddle and have not cooked inside the house since.

Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun.

If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like.

For jokes, go to this thread.

And here to enjoy some beautiful sunsets.

Go to this thread to post where you work and what your hobbies are and get to know other members here.

We are happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Comment

I don't have a camp chef smoker, but I have a camp chef 3 burner stove, and it is great. Really well built. I would think their smokers would be just as well built.

And welcome to the pit.

Comment

I'm thinking the PG-24 model, I have a large Napoleon NG grill and also a pit master 400 smoker that I use for jerky, I cook a lot of ribs, chicken and pulled pork. I have never done a brisket but hope to this summer. I live in Saskatchewan Canada so the winter not very many days to smoke but I have tried several times on myPit Master smoker

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta. Can't help on that smoker but plenty members can.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I have a Lux. I added the searbox but it was over rated. I took the searbox off and added the sidekick. It has the same burner type as all the 2 and 3 burner stoves that everyone has said works well. Camp Chef now has PID controllers with WiFi. They work well for some and others are trying to get the bugs worked out. I’m waiting to upgrade until they are more stable. I’ve had my Lux for 2 years and am very satisfied with it. I used it 2 - 3 times a week.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

I do not own any Camp Chef but that may change in the near future. Everything I read is that they have great customer service and the build quality is great.

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

I have a SmokePro STX and it’s just fine for anything 180-350. I’ve only had it since October, but use it all the time. Holds temps decent. I would rate the build quality as fair to good, not great. Some things feel cheap/flimsy, but have not had any problems. The other pellet grills I owned were more solid. If paying retail, you might look at the new Weber, Traegers, and Rectec before making your final call, but CampChefs can usually be found for a great deal if you watch.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

I have been using a Camp Chef DLX24 for over a year now, and don't regret buying it at all, and recommend it to anyone looking to get a pellet pooper. I did also get the sear box for it, and wish I had saved my money by skipping it. The heat on the sear box is very inconsistent to the point that I will burn 1/2 a sausage before getting any color on the other 1/2.

I did have an issue with crazy temp fluctuations when I first got it, but customer support at Camp Chef was very good about helping me try to figure out the issue. In the end, switching brands of pellets solved the problem.
                            Last edited by willxfmr; January 13, 2020, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here