Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS got me…….. but I think I still got the better deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS got me…….. but I think I still got the better deal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5C03F1BE-4089-4965-BC82-287BDFD760FB.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	1251922 Click image for larger version

Name:	DE5F7FF0-06CE-4A3A-82CD-888708E7AB46.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	1251921 I’ve been away for a bit, but I had to share my bout of MCS with my pit brothers and sisters. Picked up a Camp Chef Woodwind 24 on Craigslist for $100. The guy said he was selling it because the auger wouldn’t spin even after he cleaned it out and he didn’t want to spend time trying to fix it. Picked it up today, already disassembled it, ordered a new auger motor, cleaned out the tube, took the auger to the wire wheel to clean up some surface rust, and power washed the grates. I think he had his own case of MCS and wanted a new one but the wife had a vote. Either way, I did steer him here to AR to help inform his purchase!!

Worst case you spent 100 bucks for a cold smoker with a bottle opener Hope it runs like a champ when you get the new motor in.

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, sir! I’m pretty excited. My first pellet pooper. Since it already has the propane sidekick on it, I’m going to see what kind of toys I can add. You nailed the most important one though….. bottle opener pre installed.

Hey stranger, good deal you got there.. Glad to see you back!

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks PJ! I have been lurking some, but not posting enough!

Great deal and great seeing you back here on the Pit!

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, sir! Good to be back! The new motor should arrive tomorrow, so I’m hoping to fire it up this weekend for my inaugural cook on her!

And it came with an insulating blanket and a side burner.
    Such a deal.

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Also 2 bags of lumberjack pellets and a cover! This is my first pellet cooker, so surely there will be a learning curve, but for $100 and then $30 for a motor, I kinda feel like I stole it.

Ricky who?

Comment

That's a great deal you got there!

Comment

The add ons along with the pellets are worth it. I'm sure the motor replacement will correct the issue. I replaced the auger motor last year in my DLX after a wire was frayed by the fan. You'll be hooked on the pellet grill especially after you roast your first whole chicken.

Comment

• RickyBobby
          RickyBobby commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny that you mentioned chicken, that’s what I was thinking of doing for my first cook!!! Now I have my stick burner, my kettle, my Bronco, gasser, and finally a pellet pooper! One by one, I’m am working my way towards having one of every style cooker!

It’s hard to find a better deal than that. Congrats!

Comment

• RickyBobby
          RickyBobby commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you sir! I think it’s probably the first really good deal that I have ever found. Lol. That said, I suppose I should wait until I actually get the new motor, install it, and confirm the units function is up to par before taking a victory lap, but I still feel really good about it!

Now that yer rilly back, I have to stay away from ya. Shoot, some of what you got might rub off on me. Nope, gotta stay away, yessir.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	38762A00-1639-402B-BEBD-636C6FF8DB58.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	1253950 ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!! Replaced the auger motor, ops checked it before re-assembly and then again with a handful of pellets before final assembly. Ran the feed cycle, for the auger after adding about a 1/4 hopper of pellets, and have her set at 250 to ops check. I’ve got my Maverick probs at various places inside to see where my hot zones are. So far, I feel pretty doggone good about this one! ​ ​

Comment

ALRIIIIGHT, I’m glad it worked out!

Comment

• RickyBobby
              RickyBobby commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too!!!!! I feel like I should send the guy a 1 year membership to the pit as a thank you. Especially since I got it so cheap!

Outstanding news. You stole that unit. And with an insulated blanket too. Wow. Get smokin’!

Comment

• RickyBobby
              RickyBobby commented
              Editing a comment
              kjbarth inspired me in the SUWYC channel with his Hasselback Fajita Chicken and I told him that I was going to steal it. That will be the first cook on it tomorrow night!

Heck, the Lumberjack pellets are 10 to 12 bucks a bag. So you got the smoker and cover for $75 or $80. Hardly MCS. Almost larceny. Congratulations.

Comment

hey your not out robbing banks or doing drugs so where's the harm in getting another smoker

Comment

• RickyBobby
                RickyBobby commented
                Editing a comment
                I REALLY like the way you think smokin fool …….. I may need you to convince my wife. 🤣🤣. Luckily, this one was only $100 plus the $30 motor, so it was an easier sell. Lol!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here