Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon from Camp Chef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming Soon from Camp Chef

Received this notice yesterday from Camp Chef. You guys that like bells and whistles might find it interesting.

Apex Grill Learn (campchef.com)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PG24HGGT_crop.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1240638

"Beam me up, Scotty" as a very famous Iowan once said. Looks very modern. but I like to keep each of my cookers to one fuel source.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Dual fuel never seems to work well.

Reminds of the Cuisinart offerings , some of which AR gave fairly good reviews.

Comment

Holly Mackerel! It's on our watch list.

Comment

Kind of cool. Pricey though. Wonder what the 36” with gas kit costs. No matter. I’m set.

Comment

It looks really interesting, but it’s a bit spendy for me!

Comment

That looks like a much smarter design than the last company to do dual fuel. Those saying it's pricey, it is, but the good thing with CC is like Weber they always go on sale at the end of they year at the big box stores.

Comment

The commentary on high pricing interests me as an ex marketing guy (can't get that stuff out of the brain). $2000, in outdoor cooking hardware, is one of those "hard" barriers that's about to be broken, or more accurately, redefined. That was once the line that defined "ordinary" vs extraordinary. Weber fans can remember just a very few years back when the Summit Charcoal cart version played the game of staying just a few bucks under that barrier. There are probably plenty of other examples. Now, with '70s type inflation being fueled to grow, we're in the middle of the forest as the trees grow large around us. Just about every well known cooker last year raised their prices. The above noted Summit Charcoal rocked past the former barrier, and we see this CC offering and a $3000 Traeger hit the market. My guess would be there will be a few buyers who don't have historical knowledge to shade their thinking, or who are affluent enough that to them "it is what it is", but the rest of the market will probably hold fire...................well, at least till the market "stabilizes" in a year or five and these new "high" prices will be perceived as the norm. In the short run, if manufacturer inventories begin to back up in the warehouses we'll see more discounted prices from the new highs. A slightly cynical view would say, "That's not really a sale, that's last year's list price." Yeah, that would be correct. But it's also the new norm................a business needs cash flowing to stay in business, but they need profits too. Crazy times ahead for a few years I think.

Comment

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                That's why my goal is to buy all my cookers now, before they decide they can raise the prices higher.

Why is it a company can sell you a $2000 cooker and install dime-store quality wheels?

Comment

I wonder how well it does either source of fuel....

Comment

I saw their email, and after looking at it more, I'm still confused about why you'd want that...

Comment

To add on to Uncle Bob ‘s snippet, not only price barriers but it seems bigger, as in huger, is the way things are goin.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                      The commentary on high pricing interests me as an ex marketing guy (can't get that stuff out of the brain). $2000, in outdoor cooking hardware, is one of those "hard" barriers that's about to be broken,.
                      Was chatting with someone who stated that the wouldn't pay someone $200-$300 to professionally clean their home grill, as "you could buy a new grill for that price"

Had to explain that while you could buy a grill for that price, the vast majority of Quality Grills and Outdoor Cookery these days are in the $500 to $1000 to $2000 to $Traeger pricing now.

They were surprised.

(They don't get out much)
                      Last edited by WillTravelForFood; June 22, 2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                        Uncle Bob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL "they don't get out much"......................can explain SOOOOO much!

I don’t understand the appeal either especially for CampChef that already has the sidekick/searbox options. I honestly like gassers less all the time and wish more pellet grills could sear better and switch from smoking/roasting without removing grates, drip pan covers, etc.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm surprised someone hasn't released a design that looks like the MAKs flamezone but instead of removable flamezone covers, just has a sliding piece that opens up the holes. While that design wouldn't produce a sear natively, it still would allow for full sq inch grilling with almost no effort.

Or a design that can sear like the Weber but with a solid slidable deflector, same idea opens up the entire grill surface for usable grilling/searing.

Whatever it will be, I'm sure it's coming

• glitchy
                        glitchy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs Weber’s cook chamber design actually works great. Using drip pans for long greasy LnS is actually far less inconvenient that dealing with hot parts for reverse searing. Their hopper issues and more so crappy software is the reason I have a MAK. The stealth might have fixed the hopper. However, now they have reputation issues to fix and I’ve seen issues reported again with a recent software update.

As one also interesting/involved in marketing, I would pay more for quality over features. Too many of these new products are simply cheap sheet metal boxes fitted with gadgetry. I'd opt for a single-fuel product made of heavy steel - stainless or multi-coat painted over this type of product. That's why I've ended up with products such as Yoder, MGrills, and PK.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here