Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sams Club grill-sized Gazebo, 2022 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sams Club grill-sized Gazebo, 2022 edition

Finally, a reasonably sized grill gazebo for those who don't want a full 12x12' covered space

Thoughts?

Feels pricey for what it is, but that depends on one's wood working skills (and the price of wood in your area).

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree.

I would think that $600 worth of wood and a saw and hammer would build it as good or better if you have any carpentry skills

Comment

Convenience has a price, and to have everything pre-cut, pre-finished, and ready to assemble, this doesn't seem to be a bad price.

Comment

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah if you don't have the tools/setup/skills to cut your own lumber or just don't want to bother, it's an OK price. I just looked at the picture and thought that it looked like it would be easy to do if you did have the tools and skills and could source the lumber for a reasonable price.

Lumber is expensive as hell up here just now. Putting in a new garden shed and its cheaper for me to pour concrete than build a braced wooden frame and put plywood over for the base.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to rebuild my garden shed last year, and I ended up buying one of those metal shed kits as it was about 1/10th the cost of building a new one the same size from lumber. I was able to find one that fit the base of my old shed perfectly. The old shed base was treated lumber and treated plywood, and the only thing that didn't rot on the old shed over the years.

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris yeah im putting in one of the polyethylene ones because the wooden that was here when we bought the place has rotted to crap

I have seen these. The quality is not bad at all for the price.

Comment

Here’s another one where words mean sumthin. Now cost aside, Lordy it’s expensive, but it is much bigger than a grill. Then again if you had a gargantuan grill then it would be the same size.

Comment

Just saying that normally these prefab gazebos are 10x10 or 12x12 or so. Somebody who just wants a (kinda?) dry place to grill in the rain may benefit.

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            I looked it up online because the photos in the link were small. The reviews are good and it looks solid. The only concern I had was in one photo the back end looks like it MIGHT be short for someone over 6’. I could have just been a bad angle with a gentleman in the background.

Out of stock, I see.

Kathryn

Comment

Right now you couldn't buy the cedar it would take to reproduce this design for any less than the price of this Gazebo. If it were in-stock I'd say go for it.

Comment

Appealing, but unappealing at the same time?

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha. This reminds me of a comment in a meeting of my local home-brew club one time, where someone commented that a beer that had been passed around was "not bad per se, just undrinkable".

Looks nice, but I am CERTAIN that I could build that for way less than $1200!

Comment

It’s looks small to me. I would draw it to scale and scale everything you want to put in it.

Comment

So...even if you wanted to DIY there are a couple of nice convenience features on this:
                  • 2 built-in powder-coated steel countertops for serving and prepping
                  • Exclusive PowerPortâ„¢ feature
                  • Convenient USB ports and outlets for electric smokers, grills, lights, device charging and more
                  Sure you could do without those but they are nice to have things. Plus you'd have to get something to act as the roof and they seem to have a lightly insulated roof too.

Super quick pricing here puts the lumber at around $500 and that's using Western Juniper (like cedar in rot resistance) which might not be available where you are. Then there's the roof, the detail lumber (the slats etc), the shelving and misc hardware. Plus time and effort.

I might be tempted to DIY if it didnt fit my needs (I wanted something a bit wider etc) but that's not a bad price, all things considered.
                  Last edited by rickgregory; May 2, 2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here