Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18" Plastic Wrap Recommendations (Brands; Sources)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18" Plastic Wrap Recommendations (Brands; Sources)

Looking for recommendations for high-quality 18" plastic wrap brands and sources. Lots of options on Amazon, but I see lots of complaints about too-thin film, flimsy boxes, and ineffective cutters too. What's a wrapper to do?

I don’t know if Costco’s brand is 18”? But, that’s the one I’ve found to be the best! As i type, I really don’t think it’s 18, but perhaps you have already tried their wrap and needing something bigger.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      The Kirkland plastic wrap is only 12" wide. It is great wrap though!

• fkrall
      fkrall commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking for something bigger so I can wrap with significantly less tangling. Vito Iacopelli takes 12" wrap out of the box and makes that look easy. That's Plan B despite the risk I'll wrap myself in plastic that way.

I use this one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	111A45A8-6135-4CC4-83FB-1DD566B3D8B7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.30 MB ID:	968969

this is from a local store chain. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to reviews from people who are not accustomed to using it frequently.

the stuff is a pain in the butt but once you get the hang of it it’s like riding a bike.

that box costs like 20 bucks. That’s the house brand. I love it.

do have a restaurant supply store?

so the ..... obviously flimsy stay away from. I agree there.

Comment

I got a box of 18" from a Food Supply Wholesale place. It's thicker than my 12" roll from Costco. Neither one states the mil of the wrap-sorry to say. I like both kinds.

Comment

I use this one

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ber...hoCAYgQAvD_BwE

I prefer the serrated cutter rather than the slide cutter

Comment

Try webstaurant.com. they have I think everything.

Comment

I use Kirkland as well but 18" would be nice. I love their foil too which is nice and wide.

Comment

I agree with a few from above... if you don't have a local restaurant supply store, check out webstaurant.com. I get foil and plastic wrap from my restaurant supply store. I have the slide cutter. It works well but separated from the box so I had to super glue it. So, I might try the serrated version next. Once I go through the multi year supply lol.

Comment

Right on the money, guys; many thanks!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                Rubs Promo