Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18" Plastic Wrap Recommendations (Brands; Sources)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18" Plastic Wrap Recommendations (Brands; Sources)

Looking for recommendations for high-quality 18" plastic wrap brands and sources. Lots of options on Amazon, but I see lots of complaints about too-thin film, flimsy boxes, and ineffective cutters too. What's a wrapper to do?

I don’t know if Costco’s brand is 18”? But, that’s the one I’ve found to be the best! As i type, I really don’t think it’s 18, but perhaps you have already tried their wrap and needing something bigger.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      The Kirkland plastic wrap is only 12" wide. It is great wrap though!

• fkrall
      fkrall commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking for something bigger so I can wrap with significantly less tangling. Vito Iacopelli takes 12" wrap out of the box and makes that look easy. That's Plan B despite the risk I'll wrap myself in plastic that way.

I use this one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	111A45A8-6135-4CC4-83FB-1DD566B3D8B7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.30 MB ID:	968969

this is from a local store chain. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to reviews from people who are not accustomed to using it frequently.

the stuff is a pain in the butt but once you get the hang of it it’s like riding a bike.

that box costs like 20 bucks. That’s the house brand. I love it.

do have a restaurant supply store?

so the ..... obviously flimsy stay away from. I agree there.

Comment

I got a box of 18" from a Food Supply Wholesale place. It's thicker than my 12" roll from Costco. Neither one states the mil of the wrap-sorry to say. I like both kinds.

Comment

I use this one

Keep your food sealed at optimum freshness with Berry AEP 30550400 18" X 2000' film wrap! The 18" width is great for covering containers or food items with large surface areas. A 35 gauge film, this wrap offers the perfect cling to achieve the tightest seal for a variety of applications. This feature prevents gaps between the surface and the wrap to ensure that no air gets through to the food and that nothing inside leaks out. The clear material provides product visibility so that your products can be easily identified even when wrapped. The box includes a convenient serrated blade to allow for quick and safe cutting every time. With 2000' of film wrap in every roll you can be sure that your business is in good supply! Whether you're wrapping brownies in your bakery, sandwiches and subs in your deli, or covering food in your restaurant, this Berry AEP 18" x 2000' film is sure to suit all of your needs. Overall Dimensions:Length: 2000'Width: 18"Thickness: 35 gauge

I prefer the serrated cutter rather than the slide cutter

Comment

Try webstaurant.com. they have I think everything.

Comment

I use Kirkland as well but 18" would be nice. I love their foil too which is nice and wide.

Comment

I agree with a few from above... if you don't have a local restaurant supply store, check out webstaurant.com. I get foil and plastic wrap from my restaurant supply store. I have the slide cutter. It works well but separated from the box so I had to super glue it. So, I might try the serrated version next. Once I go through the multi year supply lol.

Comment

Right on the money, guys; many thanks!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here