Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new cooking accessory has arrived...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry... here is their website:

Comment

Toys, toys, toys!

Comment

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        OH yeah... we like our toys! It I was in the market for a new pellet cooker, this would be it

I really like the looks of it but, I already have two pellet machines. Do you know if anyone has a unit like the Grilla that is charcoal?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree Barry. The design with the sliding lid is great, wish it had a charcoal fueled version. I would seriously consider one. That would cut the price down considerably too with no electronics.

I am going to venture into charcoal but, I am looking at the right unit for me.

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Then you'd best get yourself a PBC, Barry!

Kathryn

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
      I am going to venture into charcoal but, I am looking at the right unit for me.
      If I can make a suggestion Barry, I will recommend a Weber kettle. They're cheap, well built and very versatile. I have two, an 18.5 in. OTS I use at the lake while camping and a 22.5 in. OTG at home. I don't use them for low and slows (although you can and many people here do) .. I have the BGE for that. If you want to do a pile of wings, reverse sear a steak, sear a roast at the end of your cook, do a pan of beans .. you name it the kettle will work for you. They are a great way to get started with charcoal. I love my BGE but I love the kettle just as much and in the better seasons, not winter , I use it just as much!

Comment

I can't get no more toys anytime soon. The wife has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
          If the wife is happy, you have the possibility of happiness.

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto that. (spoken from the wife's viewpoint)

Kathryn

• bep35
            bep35 commented
            Editing a comment
            Happy wife. Happy life.

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
          Yea, but your one toy (Lil Monster) trumps a bunch of other toys!!

Comment

Yes Kathryn, I am considering a PBC.

Comment

My Vortex arrived today and I used it tonight to do a high indirect heat, whole chicken on my Performer. Came out great. Even with dipping temperatures, using a welding blanket, with a full chimney of lit charcoal, my initial temps were in the low 500s at the top of the lid (based on my Maverick).

Can't wait to do wings on Sunday.

Comment

That turned out GREAT!

Comment

Just got the medium vortex. Can't wait to see what it'll do in my Hasty Bake.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
                    Just got the medium vortex. Can't wait to see what it'll do in my Hasty Bake.
                    I don't have an 18.5" kettle, only the smokey joe 14.5"...but I'm considering getting the small one to try in my offset's firebox when I cook in it. Although, I have great success with a couple bricks, which were free...

Comment

I've been playing with foil pans. Going to take a play from Hendrics book and try an angel food cake pan.

Comment

Jon, tell me more about Hendrics book please.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here