Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grill light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill light

Since many of us are finishing our cook in the dark these days, I'm wondering what you are using to light the grill surface.

I have a Grilluminator. Pretty good, but I kinda wish it had a long flexible neck. Runs on a couple AA batteries.

I have a porch light that I turn on....it does ok but not like those late summer evenings of lingering sunlight. I also have a little grill light somewhere that I bought a while ago on DWCowles' recommendation but I haven't taken it out of the box yet. #lazy

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use the porch light myself for the grill. I agree with Huskee 's assessment of it's functionality. My Masterbuilt has a built-in LED that lights up the inside of the smoker box.

DEW

• Mygrane
      Mygrane commented
      Editing a comment
      So - you're saying I should break down and fix the 6 fixtures I have around my deck? Don't need another wife. Ha!

Hopefully DWCowles will see this thread and chime in!

Comment

I have the Mitaki-japan 8-bulb Led Head Lamp from Amazon for about $6. I have had problems with the switch being difficult to turn on or off. I plan on replacing it with the Energizer 150-Lumen LED Headlamp Battery Flashlight from Lowes for about $15, when the switch finally dies.

Comment

Gents, If you come up with the Correct Answer please let me know! Like Huskee I have been relying on the Porch Lights and the Shadows?😚🤔😙
        Dan

Comment

Head lamps are great. Use it grilling or just around the house. Your hands are free and the light shines wherever you're looking. What else do you want?

Comment

I'm a head light guy as well.

Comment

+1 more for the headlights. Use them a lot when working on the car as well. Nothing like hands-free light and more of a multi-tasker than a dedicated grill light.

Comment

My new house diesnt have spot lights set up towards my grills yet. I'm using one I got for Christmas a few years back for my weber gasser. Its brookstone i think.

Comment

Here's a good one that attaches to most gas grill lid handles:

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Max Good, I am going to give this light a real good look! Thanks, Dan

• richinlbrg
                    richinlbrg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Max Good , I went with your recommendation for a gift.

Just got the word back that it is LOVED! GREAT light! Now I wish I had one!

Thank you for the recommendation, and thanks to all who responded.

I use something similar to this...http://www.amazon.com/Fulcrum-20019-...ds=grill+light
                  I bought it a few years ago, at Wally World, and can't remember the brand name. It was about 8 dollars. Still works great.

Comment

I was at Lowe's a couple days ago and I saw a LED flashlight that straps on your head and I said to myself "l know what that light will be perfect for". So I bought it and I was right it works like a charm. I also have two or three grill lights somewhere that I haven't use yet (I think I had them for. Over a year but I keep forgetting about them. But I think I like my LED light better be it moves when I move.

Comment

richinlbrg Like I've said before. If you go with a headlight don't wear it into a tavern. They wont serve you. They'll think your a miner.

Comment

• richinlbrg
                        richinlbrg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The funny thing is that I HAVE one of those. Hadn't had a use for it yet, so it has been "resting." Just never thought of it!

Gotta pull it out tonight, and just may put it into service.

• Danjohnston949
                        Danjohnston949 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Reminds Me of group of Break In Artists? 😚😙😇😙😚. Dan

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My wife and I LOLed.

This pic must be T minus 5hrs before snow?

I got a GrillLit that used to be recommended on AR. So far it has been great. I also just got a headlamp to do other work with, but have yet to try it for grilling.

Comment

I bought this one, but it was only around 10 bucks. Much higher priced now!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here