Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever heard of or used the Cold Smoker Generator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever heard of or used the Cold Smoker Generator.

I have someone looking into one of these. Told him I would throw it out into the pit and see what you guys/gals think. I've never used one but I am hoping someone here has. Thanks!!

http://www.amazon.com/ProQ®-PQCSG-00.../dp/B005OHSKAQ

No help here Spin? Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
      I have someone looking into one of these. Told him I would throw it out into the pit and see what you guys/gals think. I've never used one but I am hoping someone here has. Thanks!!

http://www.amazon.com/ProQ®-PQCSG-00.../dp/B005OHSKAQ

Looks like a copy of the Amaze - N - Pellet Smoker.

Comment

I just wonder how well it works.

Comment

I prefer the compact tube. With goof pellets, the 6" tube smokes far longer than an hour which is fine for me. And it's easy to refill, not like a box...

Comment

Bit late to the party...

I've got one of these - and think it's pretty good. Especially if you're low on storage space for a dedicated cold smoker. Or low on funds - all you need is this thing, a cardboard box and some cooling racks.

Or nearly all you need.... I've added some wooden dowel rods through the sides to hold the racks. I guess I could now use my WSM instead, but I can closely control how much air gets in (and smoke gets out) of that box, plus I wouldn't want to be cleaning my WSM racks every time - low smoking means high hygiene . I also use a temp probe to ensure the temperature doesn't get above 30 C (85F to you guys).

I've done cold salmon, trout, nuts, eggs, cheese, salt, paprika, and plan to do bacon next.

I don't actually use the full spiral either for most smokes - I find half is enough for around 6hrs of smoke.

Only other thing to add is you need to source fine dust rather than chippings for this to work (I found plenty online) - oh and don't over fill it - it doesn't follow the spiral (burns all at once) if you go over the top of the divider!

Comment

I believe ther are directions for building one for a Kamado at nakedwhiz.com

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here