Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPEN INVITATION SE Michigan (This just needs to get started)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually go hunting around Omer, the "Smallest city in Michigan".

Comment

Originally posted by Onenemesis View Post
      I usually go hunting around Omer, the "Smallest city in Michigan".
      Ahh yes, Omer. The town where smoked fish shacks outnumber houses 6 to 1. Childhood memories going through there on the smelt dipping episodes. Onenemesis
      Last edited by Huskee; May 25, 2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

So, where are you Michiganderiteanians? Seems like no one here wants to give up their general geographical location. I'll start, I am in Milan, south of A2. I am about 50 miles from Le detroit du Lac Erie.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Had some good friends that lived in Milan. They moved to KY.

I live in Farwell, small village straight west of Clare about 6 miles. Clare, middle knuckle on your hand, the home of Cops & Doughnuts and Jay's sporting goods (but you surely would rather visit Cabella's being so close). I work at the Clare hospital.

I am roughly 1:20 north of Lansing, 1:30-45 from Mackinaw, depending on how fast you drive.

I think I've shared everything I can share aside from pictures of my kids & wife.

Now where do you work?

Ann Arbor, an engineering firm.

Been to Clare and Jay's many times. Used to hunt in Kalkaska, my favorite route was 127-115-66. Liked to stop in St. Johns where the highway became a surface road, get some food. Almost bought a sporting goods store in Lake City about 20 years ago.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Been in that sporting goods store. Ice fished on that lake a few times. Kalkaska is beautiful in the fall. We drive through Kalkaska on our way to traverse City (wife & I's favorite city besides Mackinaw).

Huskee your friends pick the right state to move to...Kentucky 😊

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          KY and TN are gorgeous, I'll give you that. If I moved it'd probably be one of those. Or NC, David Parrish makes some great food and I haven't sampled any of it yet.

Huskee yeah I like N. Carolina too...any place from Kentucky on south I like. I'm pretty sure you know why. 😎

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          S N O W ?

I'm in Shelby Township, Michigan. It's next to Rochester/Rochester Hills. Hollar if you guys meetup and a girl can crash!

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
          Powersmoke_80 commented
          Editing a comment
          mclifford973 I'm in Bay City, your lucky you have a Costco near you. we only have Sam's Club in Saginaw with Brisket flats for over $6/lb . My sister just moved from Macomb to Auburn hills and picked me up a couple of whole Briskets from Costco for $3.79/lb since she is coming up to visit dad for fathers day.

That's awesome..sounds like a good Father's Day.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          We should try to put a Michigan meet up together. Even if its at Costco for a hot dog.

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, Jon.

I live in South Lyon. It's about 20 miles north of Ann Arbor next to Brighton. Very close to the I-96 and US23 interchange.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid placements, they are a curated selection of reviewed products.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

A Propane Smoker That Performs Under Pressure

The Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’. Click here to read our detailed review.

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat-controlled oven. Click here for our review of this superb smoker.

Groundbreaking Hybrid Thermometer!

Thermapen One Instant Read Thermometer

The FireBoard Spark is a hybrid combining instant-read capability, a cabled temperature probe, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connectivity. Couple that with high standards of design and workmanship and it’s a “must own.” Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review.

Big. Bold. Flavor.

Meathead's Amazing rubs and sauce

Introduce big, bold flavor to your BBQ and grilling creations thanks to the Meathead’s Amazing line of pork, red meat, and poultry rubs as well as a KC-style BBQ sauce. Click here to read more and to purchase.