Anyone else thinking about attending? Weāve got 2 king rooms and 2 queen rooms left in our block. If you can attend, this is what you can possibly experience, Hurtadoās BBQ in Arlingtonā¦..
My aunt's 90th bday party is the next weekend in Indy. Can't do both, auntie wins out. I know my absence will put a damper on things, but soldier on anyway.
This just popped into my YT feed, thought Iād share it. Great video which shows in depth how Texas Monthly compiles their Top 50 list. Thereās also several interesting interviews with the owners and pitmasters of some Top 50 places and LOTS of eye candy! Daniel Vaughn, BBQ editor of Texas Monthly, narrates. Thereās a great piece featuring Ernest Cervantes of the Burnt Bean. Ernest is always a good interview, watch for the T-shirt heās wearing. š¤ 24 minutes long but well worth your time.
Watched this last night. I was interested in Yearby's BBQ ( was in Pilot Point, TX as per video) then new location in Plano but that is now closed (open only 8 months) they are going to move again, this time to Allen, TX.
Last edited by Purc; September 16, 2026, 09:22 AM.
Just another FYI here and it probably wonāt affect anyone but, on October 2nd the hotel will release any remaining rooms in our block to the general public, and this is from my hotel agreementā¦ā¦š
CUT-OFF DATE October 2, 2026. All reservations must be booked no later than the cut-off date to qualify for group rate. After the cut-off date, reservations may still be made based on availability and the prevailing room rate.
ā
Burnt Bean remains the best brisket I have ever had. I'm thinking i need a texas rv trip - see if I can hit all 50. Probably take several weeks. Maybe in 2028.
I watched a Joshua Weissman (YouTube chef, and eatery critic of sorts) video where he tried and rated all the Texas Monthly top BBQ places and Burnt Bean was up there quite high, was a leader for a good while. I wanna say Goldee's ended up winning his rating, but I could be wrong.
jayjordan had mentioned something about maybe stopping by Meat Church BBQ Supply Store while weāre there. Itās located in Waxahachie, Tx about 35-40 minutes from our hotel. As most of you are aware, itās owned by Matt Pittman. They just moved into a new and larger location in town. Anywho, I just emailed Matt to see if he could meet us there either Friday or Saturday afternoon after weāre done with our lunch. Iām sure itāll have to go through the gatekeepers before Matt sees it, not sure though. Anywho, from what Iām seeing online, Matt is there most of the time anyway, but Iāll keep yāall posted when I hear back.
I’m rarely at a loss for words, but the opening of the Meat Church BBQ Supply store yesterday has me speechless. Moving our BBQ Supply Shop to a 100 year old feed store that we renovated has been one...
Comment