Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's meet up! Feb 27, 2016 Operation Barbecue Relief event in Louisville, KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's meet up! Feb 27, 2016 Operation Barbecue Relief event in Louisville, KY

The 3rd Annual Friends of Operation Barbecue Relief Fundraiser is coming up in a couple of months. Who wants to meet up?

Activities: Whole Hog Cooking Demo and tasting by Heath Riles of Victory Lane BBQ. Displays, live music, bourbon tasting, great food, guest speakers and a famous live auction.
    Cost: $150/person $225/couple. 100% of the registration fee goes to OBR as does 100% of all proceeds from the auction.

Discounted room rates of $89/night will be available at the hotel (Marriott’s top rated hotel)

Click this link for more information: 3rd Annual Friends of OBR

What a great idea!

Comment

My wife and I will be there since we only live 100 miles south of Louisville.
      Last edited by DWCowles; December 19, 2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to work it out to be able to go. I'm only a couple hours and some change away.

Comment

I would love to join in on something like this, I only wish I was as close as DW.

Comment

That's like 2218.7 miles from me, I probably won't make that, but great idea and if closer I would attend.

Comment

I'm 200 miles south of Louisville and if I can make it work with my schedule, I would love to be there.

Comment

Since it falls on our anniversary, I will try to talk the wife into turning the doorknob for a little getaway. Plus, it would give me an excuse to drop in on my brother who lives in the St. Louise area to give him a noogie.

Comment

I'd do the 400 miles!

Comment

Snap!! I will be in Miami for the Bob Marley annual 9 Mile music festival.

Comment

We spoke with the OBR folks yesterday to get a sense of timing. Sounds like things are going to kick off around 4 PM. That's good, because I probably won't be landing in Louisville till 3 or so. Who's in?

Comment

Gonna try to work this into a road trip. Memphis, Louisville, Atlanta, Decatur for some white BBQ. I'm sitting on an extra WSM 22 I could haul in and donate. If the roads allow I will be there.

Comment

The wife is having knee replacement surgery on Feb. 12th so it's unlikely I'll be able to attend. Unless I can talk her into putting it off until March.

Comment

I saw this thread and got excited...maybe I can talk the wife and kids into a road trip. But alas, I have to work on the 27th and my wife and oldest son of a brunch on the 28th.

For anyone able to go: Have a great time!

Comment

• David Parrish
                            David Parrish commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sick day!

• JeffJ
                            JeffJ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If my wife and older son didn't have that brunch I'd consider it. I just don't see myself making that long of a trek by myself for a 1-day event.

• David Parrish
                            David Parrish commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I hear ya. It's a commitment for sure.

I'm on a long term job assignment in Louisville, I'll be there. Confused though, the OBR site doesn't say where it is going to be held. Checked the Expo Center calendar....not listed there.

Anybody know where it's going to be?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here