Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 2022 - "Great Giveaway" Three Sweepstakes Winners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to the winners

Comment

congrats to the winners! Cook on!

Comment

Congrats to all. Glad I did not miss out, as I have not been online for a while....better set up a reminder notification asap !
        Last edited by Uncle Mike II; May 21, 2022, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Fellow Pitmasters: Apologies. It took me awhile to overcome technical limitations (essentially, MINE) to upload video of the unboxing and, separately, my first cook, with my newly acquired and fabulous SnS Deluxe Kamado, courtesy of the amazingribs.com Pitmaster Club. Thanks to Huskee for helping me with this. And in case you don't get far enough into the unboxing vid for the kudos, here's a public shout-out to FedEx Freight Priority and driver Joe Eggers for a perfect delivery - and above-the-call-of-duty move down my alley, across an elevated wooden deck and on to a backyard brick patio WITHOUT A SCRATCH. Thanks!

First cook vid coming tomorrow.
          Last edited by WillieMac; May 25, 2022, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• Waster
            Waster commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice spot for it. Now fire that baby up and show us what you’re cooking!

• DTro
            DTro commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure is pretty! Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Such an awesome birthday present! Glad to see your unboxing video - and that driver went above and beyond breaking the pallet down and moving everything for you.

As promised ... first cook on my new SnS Deluxe Kamado. Spoiler alert: It worked very nicely. Cheers!

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I am going to have to do a butt now. Great job!

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice video, thanks!

• Sid P
            Sid P commented
            Editing a comment
            Great video of a great first cook, Willie! My only suggestion (and I’m truly just polishing a diamond) would be to use more rub to get more bark. Of course I’m bark crazy…

congratulations to the winners.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, all. This was and will be a massive learning experience. (As it remains on my trusty Weber/SnS rig, which I'm most definitely keeping.) My studies continue this weekend Going to try Clint Cantwell's citrus herbed spatchcocked chicken today, then pizza Sunday ... the wife has the dough perking in the downstairs beer fridge Cheers!

Comment

Huskee Thanks for your help! And I'll try out the foil trick next time. It was worth splitting the shoulder to get the extra bark. It might seem sort of OCD but after I shredded all the meat, I went back through the bowl, fished out the bigger chunks of bark and sliced them up. Mixing that back in, along with the de-fatted drippings, really seemed to make everything pop. Damn good eating. We also bag up the leftovers into dinner-sized portions and freeze them. Keeps really well.

Comment

Congratulations to all of youi on your prizes. Bill we have something in common, I enjoy my cigar and whisky whilst running the smoker. Enjoy

Comment

• WillieMac
                  WillieMac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Might as well go peaty on the scotch, then. Can't have enough smoke out there!

jfmorris Thanks. I used the griddle and rack to collect my drippings - although I couldn't get the pan out cleanly until the Kamado cooled down because those handles are so close to the side (of course while wearing gloves) without spilling everything. Seems like it'd be a lot less of a mess, too. Might be a better idea to use a large aluminum tray. Looking forward to trying a multi-level cook!

Comment

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I remove the rack out of the pan when collecting drippings - one less thing to wash. And you are right - it can take hours for the grill to cool once you close the vents!

I usually leave the drip pan in the grill until the next day, or whenever it cools enough to put the cover on, then dump it in the trash and wash it in the sink. Sometimes I line it with the 18" wide heavy duty foil - then all I have to do is pull off the foil and wad it up with the grease in it, and nothing to wash.

Panhead John Thanks! As a matter of fact, that Bic lighter was resting in a kitchen drawer ...

Comment

Very nice cook, WillieMac . Congrats again on scoring the big prize. You've got a heckuva smoker there. Enjoy your cooks.

Kathryn

Comment

Congratulations to all!

Comment

Congratulations winners!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here