Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spammers And Hackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spammers And Hackers

Once in a while we see spammers in The Pit. Here are signs of spam:
    1. It just sounds funny.
    2. It comes from someone on a trial membership. Spammers don’t pay to join.
    3. They have a low posts count.
    4. There is usually a link to a site, often to a food or grill-themed site. Please, do not EVER click on any of questionable links!
    We ban spammers as soon as we spot them. Trouble is we can't always be logged in 24/7, so if you spot spam, just click the "Flag" button on any post. The moderators or I will see that.

The good news is that your confidential info has never been hacked. Hackers have attacked, but your user names, email, addresses, phone numbers are all encrypted. As for credit cards, we never see or store them. When you enter that info into the pop-up window, it is actually a window from the card processor, Stripe, and they have never been hacked.
    Last edited by Meathead; November 13, 2020, 08:35 AM.

Really?!
    The ”average age” according to the last survey info that I’ve seen should put darn near every member into the "you should know better than to click that link" group. O_o

Now I understand why that Nigerian "Prince" is still looking for someone to "help" him. SMH

Comment

Pssst...Hey guys, I found this really good deal. You won't believe how great this deal is, it changed my life and it can change yours too. All you have to do is follow this link, its totally legit -I promise:

https://amazingribs.com/information-...pitmaster-club
      Last edited by 58limited; November 16, 2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I fell for that, I followed that link and ended up here.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee commented "Spam!" And I like Spam, fried, grilled, with taters, on sandwiches', Mostly take camping. spam and eggs, add it to beans. spam is so versatile.

"Shoulder of Pork And Ham"
        " sp iced h am "
        " Specially Produced American Meat"
        "Sizzle Pork And Mmmm"
        Got to love it. Pairs well with PBR.

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        That link has cost me a fortune!!

Damn, I was going to get my nails done.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here