Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Great Giveaway' Monthly Sweepstakes FAQs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Great Giveaway' Monthly Sweepstakes FAQs

Here are some FAQs we regularly recieve regarding the monthly 'Great Giveaway' Sweepstakes. This does not take the place of the Official Sweepstakes Rules, so please make sure you read and understand them as they are the final legal rules. The following are some simple FAQs:

When is the drawing held?

Each month we draw 3 names out of the active members list for that month, and they are announced on or near the 7th-10th of the month.

How will I know if I've won?

There are 3 ways the winners will be notified:
    1. We'll announce the winners here in 'The Pit' in the Announcements > Great Giveaway' Monthly Sweepstakes channel. A new topic will be created each month with that month in the title and that month's winners in the topic.
    2. The winners will also be 'mentioned' (tagged) in that month's winners' announcement topic.
    3. We will also email each winner privately to the email address tied to their membership in their Settings page.

Do you announce the winners in the newsletters?

Yes and no. While we do announce the winners each month in the members only newsletter HOT From The Pit! and the public newsletter Smoke Signals this is NOT how we notify the winners. The winners are announced in the newsletters ONLY AFTER they have been notified and properly claimed their prizes as outlined above, to simply share their good news around the globe.

What if I don't get the message that I won?

We give each winner 5 days to respond. If the winner does not respond and claim as instructed by their deadline, which is 11:59 p.m. Central Time 5 days from when they are notified via email and from when their username is posted in the winners' announcement topic, they will forfeit and another winner will be selected. This is non-reversible. Check your email regularly and check the Announcements > 'Great Giveaway" Monthly Sweepstakes channel regularly.

What if my email went to my spam folder?

Please ensure emails from us (@amazingribs.com) are whitelisted. You can even add us as a contact to ensure they make it to your inbox. The winner notifications currently come from [email protected] Lastly, scan through your spam folder regularly just in case. We cannot be responsible for notifications not received and claimed in time so we make every effort to instruct you how to ensure you'll get it should you be so fortunate!

What if I win but I don't want that prize, can I exchange it for a different one?

Each prize category (Grand, Second, and Third) will have its own winner that month. You cannot exchange your prize category, but Grand and Second Prize winners can choose whichever available prize they wish from the available choices for that category. Third Prize is a set prize pack and we cannot make substitutions at this time.

What if I do not want the prize, can I decline?

Yes. If you decide you are not interested in claiming a prize, please notify us as soon as possible so we can pick another winner and notify them. You will remain in the drawing lists each month you are active.

What does "active member" mean?

Active status means your memerbship dues are up to date, you are not expired and your membership is not cancelled.

Do I have to post in the forum (The Pit) to be considered active?

No. Forum participation is voluntary and has zero effect on your chances of being drawn as a monthly winner, you only need to be in active status.

Do I have to log in to be considered active?

No. Logging in is not required to be selected as a winner. Keeping your annual dues paid is all that is required to be consired active. Claiming your prize, however, yes.

Do I have to log in to claim my prize if I'm selected as a winner?

Yes. Each winner MUST log in and make a post in that month's announcement topic notifying us of their choice publicly in order to claim. If this is not done within the posted 5 day cutoff period for each winner, that winner will forfeit and a new winner will be selected and this is non-reversible. If you are reading this then you likely know how to log in, but just in case read through the other topics in our Help channel here for info on how to log in and make a post.

If I win, am I able to win again later?

Maybe. Grand winners cannot win again for a period of 10 years. Second and Thrid Prize winners are eligible to win again the very next month, should fortune shine on you that way. So it is possible for someone to win all 3 prizes, and it is possible to do that 3 months in a row. In January 2021 the Second Prize winner won the Grand Prize the very next month, so we know it is possible!

Do I have to live in the US to win?

Yes. You have to have a US address, this is US law, and since we are a US company we have to follow that law. For more reasons on precisely why, please see that part of the official rules.

Do I have to pay taxes on my prize?

That depends. If your prize value is $600 USD or higher, yes, it is the law. You will be sent a tax form to file with your taxes for that year that you won and accepted the prize. Currently only Grand Prize items qualify.

I'm a celebrity using a pseudonym here and I won, do I have to reveal who I am to everyone?

Cool. No, keep your pseudonym and your anonymity here. But the IRS needs to know who you are if your prize value is $600+.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust-free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado. Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360 and get a special AmazingRibs.com price!

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado. Click here for our article on this exciting cooker.

A Propane Smoker That Performs Under Pressure

The Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’. Click here to read our detailed review.

Amp Up Your Outdoor Cooking Game By Joining The Pitmaster Club

AmazingRibs.com Pitmaster Club
Now the largest membership-based BBQ and grilling community in the world, the Pitmaster Club is sure to step up your outdoor cooking game. Experience the countless benefits — from monthly giveaways, to free products, to exclusive content, and more– by signing up for a 30-day free trial below! Get a free 30-day trial here.