Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to spatchcock and smoke a chicken on a Yoder Wichita offset smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry for the depressing part of this equation. Please forgive me. [look at ground and walk away sad]

Comment

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it was GREAT... I laughed my a$$ off the whole time!

Oyyyy. What a video Jon Solberg , leave it to you to find this stuff.

Comment

Huskee
      Hello their Huskee, I have the Yoder Wichita as you probably know. I have the medium size charcoal chimney. How many of those full of charcoal are required to reach 325 ° in the Yoder Wichita? Knowing that will give me a good starting point reaching 325 °
      If the weather is cold outside 35 to 45 degrees maybe another three charcoal chimney’s ?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I honestly couldn't tell you. I only cooked on it w/ straight charcoal a few times when I first got it. It will take a lot, it's a ton of thick cold steel to heat up with charcoal. I highly recommend wood splits to help out.

Huskee
      It would probably be better to cook my turkey the first week of November while the weather is still decent, slice it wrap and freeze it. That might be the best alternative and escaping cold weather cook. Right around Thanksgiving day here it can get really cold, brass monkey COLD!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you unable to acquire wood? It will be its own learning curve but you'll likely find it far more cost effecitve.

• Rob whatever
        Rob whatever commented
        Editing a comment
        Average day time temp in Clovis for November is 61 degrees. Doesn’t seem cold to me.

Rob

Rob whatever
      It can be nice or it could be cold, the 61 ° is probably seasonal average. A few times during Thanksgiving day tried to get in a walk that morning and it was so cold it was freeze nose hair cold. It can be very unpredictable.

Comment

First, I thought that was the greatest buck, buck, buck (impression of a chicken to those in Oconomowoc) I have ever seen/heard. 2nd, Cafe HeLL? 3rd, I was waitin with great anticipation of a beheadin & spatchcockin of one of those cackle birds. Oh well!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here