Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yoder Loaded Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoder Loaded Wichita

I’ve been burning wood Texas Post Oak from Gourmet wood products sold at Academy sports. I really like the wood it’s burning clean and does produce heavy white smoke burning straight out of the box. After heating the split logs first white smoke is very minimal and thin.
    After the split log bursts into 100% flame white smoke is very light and soon am back to light blue smoke. I’m thinking about cutting the 12 inch split logs with my drop down saw down to 6 inches in length to reduce the amount of white smoke to be emitted even more. I’ll do anything that would help with burning a clean fire. Seems a stick burner could be operated by methods
    too reduce unwanted results such as white smoke. Things called trial and error. There are always things to learn about burning fires and how to correct the next event. Much like each Deer & Elk hunting something can be learned on each hunt. I don’t know how many times heard Elk hunters say tomorrows hunt we are doing things differently and that’s normally heard on every hunting day.

Don't know if you've seen it, but Jeremy Yoder did a video not too long ago where he analyzed his own years-long pursuit of the 'cleanest' fire and smoke. Interesting video.

Seems in some cases the 'cleanest' isn't necessarily the 'best'. But then, everyone's taste is difference and YMMV based on a ton of factors. Personally I don't have an offset yet, so it's not something I'm overly invested in, but I love to learn.

Comment

• Ghawtho
      Ghawtho commented
      Editing a comment
      Using his three levels of smoke am burning around level 2 to sometimes little less than 2 which is probably 1.5 to 1.75 in his comparison. I’ll be smoking our Thanksgiving Turkey on cherry wood using briquettes to start the fire. Our weather is usually cold at 27 degrees third week of November. I might need to use a FULL firebox of briquettes to hold the heat up.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here