Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with The Good One Smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience with The Good One Smokers

Has anyone used The Good One Smoker?

Yes, but not at my house. I have attended three BBQ classes here in Indy at a place called BBQ Maestro's. They've done all their cooking on The Good Ones. The food was outstanding. They happen to have The Good One's in their showroom on display. I own a 48 in offset and if something ever happened to it I might consider going with a Good One as a smaller compromise.

Comment

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you learn much from those classes? I have considered signing up for a class or two with them…

• mrteddyprincess
      mrteddyprincess commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, when I signed up for those classes I was a novice with brisket. Chris Marks is from KC and he was the one teaching the classes. I really like him and learned a lot. Full disclosure: he's tied in with Three Little Pigs BBQ products out of KC and he's tied in with The Good One franchise. My time spent at BBQ Maestro's was well worth it.

• mrteddyprincess
      mrteddyprincess commented
      Editing a comment
      marshall if you'd like to PM me, I'll send you my number if you'd like to ask me questions!

I have an Open Range. Is there a particular model you’re interested in?

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Here is a review from the free side. Hope this helps.

The Good-One Open Range Review (amazingribs.com)

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

I have owned a Marshall for about 5 years. I can't say enough good things about it. It holds temperature very well. It's very compact for a smoker that can hold 20 racks of baby backs.

I cook pans of cubed bacon on top of the firebox while smoking meat in the smoke chamber while keeping pans of chili hot on top. It's a beast.

I just won a baby back rib competition with it.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                If there ever was a slam dunk advertisement for a product! Congrats on the win!

I purchased the Marshall last November. Super easy to control temps through out cooks. Wished I had got it earlier!

Comment

Just catching up on this thread. I bought my Marshall in 2018. It's been a work horse. It does what it claims to do. Good for backyard cooking, competition and light catering. I haven't had the best results with the manufacture responding to requests from email or phone. One real shining point is how good it performs in cold weather. I've fired up with eight pork butts when it was 17 degrees outside. If you keep it out of the wind it will perform very nicely in the cold.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here