Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these guys still around??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these guys still around??

I tried to take a peek at the website for The Good One smokers tonight, and it looks like they may be gone? At least the site doesn’t seem to be working. Maybe this means my Open Range will now be worth a million bucks….or less than the price of rust. Anybody have any info? Thanks.

Looks like the site is there, but has a certificate problem which will prevent most browsers from displaying it,

Comment

Their site is still there, but with an apparently expired certificate that might make your browser kick up a fuss: https://thegood-one.com

… and I see that Mr. Deter is a faster typist than I am tonight. Guess I better start using two fingers.
      Last edited by MBMorgan; April 20, 2022, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a warning that my connection is not private.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqLuv - Yep ... that's the browser's standard warning when it can't validate a server because of a certificate warning.

Yeah, that’s what I’m seeing as well, the expired certificate problem…but I don’t really know what that means.

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        A web site's certificate is used for two different things; one is to securely identify that the site you're connecting to is in fact the site you are expecting to connect to, and the second is to encrypt the traffic between your browser and the site. Certificates have limited lifetimes since the longer a certificate is in use the more likely it is to be hacked thus defeating the level of security it is able to provide. Since this certificate has expired, it can no longer be considered secure.

• Mark V
        Mark V commented
        Editing a comment
        pkadare thank you for the great explanation!

Maybe if a few folks drop a line to Kelly Gray (Customer Relations) – [email protected] they'll fix it.

I always use protection when I surf so I don't usually worry about the certificate warnings.

Comment

There are no products on their website and nothing under the Purchase tab. They may not be around anymore.

Comment

I think its just the website that is hosed. They are on Facebook and making posts there about BBQ classes today. I send a FB message to let them know about the website certificate issue.

Their website has been pretty dated looking for years, and hasn't had too much attention given to it.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, Jim I like your trimmed beard.

I just spoke with The Good-On about this situation. They assure me they are still in business. time will tell.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice non-answer. Are they in politics? Running for office?
            Thank you for your follow-up. BTW
            Last edited by bbqLuv; April 21, 2022, 09:45 AM.

Thanks, all! Good to know they’re still in business, I’ll keep trying the site now and then to see if it comes back on line.

Comment

I recently purchased the Marshall through BBQ Authority. The Good One site was no help or customer service. After purchase, promised phone calls and emails unanswered. BBQ Authority and Chris Marks answered all of my questions. The best investment I have made in my cooking arsonel!

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the update, it's a shame when a company has poor customer service, but it's good to know BBQ Authority doesn't have that problem!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here