Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These look nice. Victory SMokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These look nice. Victory SMokers

A start up thats close enough to me to avoid shipping. Spent some time on the phone with them. I'm intrigued.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Victo...95?sk=timeline

Me no facebooky, but from the pic it looks like a Jambo type clone.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Now we know how you have time to cook 15 briskets per weekend...#NoFacebooky

• PaulstheRibList
      Editing a comment
      And, speaking of 15 briskets, I've gotten set up with a food wholesaler friend to get cases of meat. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a case of briskets: Choice IBP (Iowa Beef Processors), fresh, $3.26 a pound.

Wal Mart has had choice briskets for $2.99 recently, but sometimes all they have is select. So, I'm getting a place ready to wet-age the case and cook several a weekend as they get better with age!

It does.

Comment

I'm thinking of buying the entry-level jambo so I can experience it's fun, and learn from it as I prepare to build a BIG stickburner #think1000GallonTank #LikeAaronFranklin

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        That 24x48 number??

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        @Jerod_Broussard, that's the one.

OR, double the price and get the Economy full-sized one!

PaulstheRibList

Whats the brand of that offset you recently bought?

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        @Jon_Solberg, It was built at a local welding shop. It appears to be modeled to follow a Yoder Witicha, but has a vertical tuning plate that goes up and down, in 1 inch steps, between the firebox and the cooking chamber. It is 1/2 inch in the firebox, and 3/8 in the pit. I'm really enjoying it.

I am learning that smaller splits help me have a good, clean fire, but not too much heat. When I cooked on the big, borrowed 8 foot x 4 foot offset, I had a GREAT Fire, using regular size splits. It was Huge Fun! So, I bought a Maul and brought home a sliding miter box saw to cut/split my existing splits into smaller chunks.

Now, I'm jonesing to built a huge offset, out of a 1,000 gallon tank, channelling my inner Aaron Franklin. And, to build a brick pit.

What pit are you leaning toward, or waiting on arriving?

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here