Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quite large event Friday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure like that you named your big rig Texas !!!

Name your next one Rusty Shakelford and you’ll be my hero !!!!

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything is bigger in Texas!!

Those are impressive. Understatement of the year.

Comment

So I’m curious on how you calculate the quantity and how far in advance do you start preparing. Do you have special spreadsheet that you plug in the number of servings that sets up the grocery list? You have had to start planning a few months ago for something this big right?

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not involved with that side of it. There is a a restaurant/catering service that is owned by 2 TV chefs that control that. I just rent them the trailers and will help them cook and control the pit tomorrow.

I just love seeing those awesome smokers! Now take pictures this time :-)

Comment

Are you all set on cookers? I can lend you a Smokey Joe if you need some extra capacity.

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the offer, but I have it covered.

Rained all yesterday and turned where I park Texas into a mud pit this morning. 10 mins of slipping and sliding around there and I managed to nail backing up and stopping perfectly where I could drop tge hitch pin in. Needed a tractor to pull me out of there though as the hilux is 2wd. Delivered both big trailers after getting them cleaned up. Rain forecast for tomorrow but all good Friday.
        Attached Files

Comment

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          You got some mud on those beautiful pits. Too bad you aren't cooking in Alabama - they are famous for their mud.

Amazing! Never again will I complain about trying to figure out how to cook for 300! How many people do you employ to help you out with these massive cooks? Make sure you post pics but I do know in the heat of the battle sometimes taking pics falls to the bottom of the things to do list!

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure how many. They have a comercial kitchen there with about 50 cooks. Figure about 100 waiters to serve the food. I will have 5-6 guys that I control to run the pits.

I assume there are pics but they are not showing up on my iPhone or laptop. Same with some other posts. Anyone have an idea why? I know there is somewhere else to ask this. Sorry for my ignorance.

Comment

No comment! 🔥 🌫 👍

Comment

Yep. That one is teeter-tottering on the edge 👀

Comment

Up at 5:30am this morning doing what every good pitmaster should be doing for a big event. (Changing diapers and feeding babies) Been raining constantly for the last 24 hours, but going to clear up in the afternoon thankfully. Dinner is going to be around 8-9pm tonight, so will be a long day. Will be cooking chorizos, whole rib eyes, whole bife de chorizo/ NY steak, Mojellas/sweetbread, pork front leg, 30 salmon and rolled stuffed chicken breast. I will try and post pics throughout the day.

Comment

Ugh rain is the nemisis to stick burning! Good luck sir and keep us posted! You have a long day ahead of you for sure!

Comment

AMAZING.

And I am proud when I feed 40. hah, I am such an amateur

Comment

Going to cook nearly 3000 kg of meat. There will be 300 waiters on hand.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• jecucolo
                      jecucolo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is incredible!

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Clever plannin, parkin em so near a grease drain!

Cookin
                    Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here