Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ironside CDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ironside CDR

The... default cabinet STICK BURNER-CHARCOAL BURNER.... or so I hope.
    AKA, I've ordered and will soon receive an official, dyed in the wool, CDR from IRONSIDE SMOKERS!
    The number 1 reason I chose this cabinet over ALL THE REST was that it would burn sticks exclusively!
    Not charcoal and chunks of wood here and there.... WOOD ALONE! And most importantly, charcoal and chips if I please.
    Sounds like a dream? We'll Soon See...

Congrats! You know we want lots of photos.

Comment

Congrats on the new RIG!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats!
        I'm very interested in' hearin' more from ya', as it goes along...

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats! Nothing is like an all wood cook...NOTHING!

Comment

Will post with pics fer sure!

Comment

Nice! That's a great looking rig and I agree with Deedubs there's nothing like an all-wood cook. Not only flavor, but it's just plain fun to have involvement in every aspect of a cook!

Comment

Ready to ship on Monday! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2424.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	435959Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2423.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	435960

Comment

I like the look of that! keep us posted once you start fiddling with her!

Comment

Nice. I love an all wood cook when someone else does it.

Comment

#beastmode!!!!

Comment

Verticals are awesome, and all wood burner to boot. ? Looking forward to your experiences "with pics".
                          Congrats!

Comment

Looks like a great addition! Should calm your MCS for a while. Welcome to stickburning!

Comment

Well, the Slugger arrived last week and I've been busy seasoning and doing dry runs to see what it likes. Had a little trouble with the gasket material sticking to the cook box but nothing serious, and now a few burns in no more issues with that.
                              Temps with water and burning small splits have been remarkable. Hour over hour with less than a 10 degree spread.
                              Did the first cook yesterday. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2443.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	445962
                              Costco Brisket on top
                              Three racks of ribs from, why not, Costco
                              Two racks of ribs from a local "Gucci" meat shop in back second rack.
                              Gucci Meat Shop ribs had lots of shiners
                              Costco ribs had NONE
                              Gucci Meat Shop 45.00 for two small racks
                              Costco ribs THREE RACKS for 30.00
                              One of my friends brought the "CUSTOM MEAT FREE" ribs over to cook. He ordered them over the phone. No we won't be buying those again any time soon.
                              And the Fatty

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2442.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	445964

Name:	IMG_2444.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	445965 Small splits of oak help maintain my coal base better than larger pieces. Starting my fires with a full chimney of charcoal then adding 2-3 splits on dumped charcoal.
                              Additional 2-3 splits every half hour or so.

Name:	IMG_2445.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	445963
                              Cook times:
                              Fatty 1:45 hrs
                              Ribs 4:00 hrs
                              Brisket 10:00 hrs

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here