Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting News, Long Lost Pits found in Lexigton.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting News, Long Lost Pits found in Lexigton.

Passing on some interesting news I seen on the Inter web, http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/17114501/

That is really cool!

Comment

thanks for sharing that!

Comment

Very interesting.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Not far from me. Pretty neat!

Comment

That is AWESOME! Imagine the stories this things could tell, the smiles they have created, and all the different people they have fed!

Comment

Lost... but found accidentally. Wow!
                LUV it!

Comment

That there is jus' Super Cool!!!

Comment

'Long lost' and nobody knew they were there? They have a colour photograph of the joint with a 1960 Chevy Impala parked out front. I guess everyone in town smoked more than meat in the sixties and seventies......

Comment

• texastweeter
                      texastweeter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, popping red smoke in Vietnam, just ask my uncle Dale...Green Berret, with multiple tours and a bronze star. Sorry was talking to him on Thanksgiving and something he said to me about how he was treated when he got back sat sour on me.??'

VERY cool!! Glad they saved it!

Comment

Hey Powersmoke_80 I like history like that what an awesome thing to share, Thank you very much

Comment

• CaptainMike
                        CaptainMike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey Wheat, how did your turkey come out?

• Powersmoke_80
                        Powersmoke_80 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are very welcome I thought it was cool, wish I could see it.

Howdy CaptainMike how are you sir always glad to get a signal from ya ,,,,turkey was good, cooked 2 but had to improvise by cooking in an countertop oster roaster because my health issues (now over) and getting my strength back mom(90) soon and slowly loosing her eyesight and her favorite church ladies joined us along with my aunt Georgia <<<pecan pie, I bought a cheesecake from fresh market grocery ,made the dressing, turkey gravy, cooked turnips greens, collards , sweet potato souffle, corn kracklin, and washed it down sweet tea and then I went out back and took a shot or 2,3,4,of blue agave tequila 1800 to keep my energy up , so tell me how did you do on the wonderful mountain

Comment

• richinlbrg
                        richinlbrg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry about your health slowing you down, @georgia rookie903, but glad you are recovering! Hope your Tgiving was still good. Hope you just have a post Tgiving cook soon!

• CaptainMike
                        CaptainMike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ha, sounds like a grand time! Had a similar experience myself, but substitute Buffalo Trace for the tequila. How's Tharp kettle working out for you, are you getting your moves down?

howdy richinlbrg yes it was deep forest for about three week but as alway I know I have to adapt and overcome because one thats my training kicking 'n, failure is not an option and I do not like disappointing my family on the ARS train and post thanksgiving was great because how can you be frustrated or mad about plans not working out when you still have your mom at almost 90 and still has her wits .. CaptainMike the kettle could have not been work out better if I had planned it, the Tequila was only thing on the shelf also while recovering I always was looking at the post and reading the wisdom everyone doesn't mind giving for free so big thanks to the both of you and others, I am not sure if you richinlbrg and CaptainMike notice my post >>>>>What are you thankful for . anyway thanks for checking in on me greatly appreciate it

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here