Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Redneck Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Redneck Kitchen

I was flying my DJI Mavic Pro drone the other day and took a couple of pics with it of my redneck kitchen. In the pic is the RecTec with the cover on it, the Weber Performer, propane 2 burner, single burner for my Shrimp boil cooks and my Lang 48" Deluxe smoker aka Lil' Monster. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_43749.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	357214Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1037.JPG Views:	2 Size:	206.5 KB ID:	357213
    Last edited by DWCowles; August 5, 2017, 12:53 AM.

I love it! Need to get a better roof for mine!

Comment

Ain't nothing wrong with that! Dang that Lang shined up nicely.

Comment

You are ready to cook. If that is your yard you need a tractor if you don't already have one. Otherwise it is going to cut into your cooking time.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          I see one of them parked next to the trailer under the canopy across the lawn from the smoker.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Affirm, Affirm...
          Green / Yellow object immediately spotted in pic #2
          Wonderful setup, DW!
          Redneck-Approved by this ol' boy!!!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 6, 2017, 10:33 AM.

• hogdog6
          hogdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothin runs like a RecTec, a Weber, a Lang, or a Deere. ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Very nice DW!

Comment

Very nice! It looks just like my backyard except I don't have the RecTec with the cover on it, propane 2 burner, single burner for Shrimp boil cooks and a Lang 48" Deluxe smoker. Oh, and no roof nor the drone. lol

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            HeeHee!
            Mine, too, brotha!

DWCowles, I didn't See a single Red Neck in your Picsรขยโ€œ The Gents along side of Me at The 8th Annual Sweet 'N Sticky in Dickey ND Rib Cook Off on 8 July were using a 48" Lang like Yours!
          That is One Impressive Smoker! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I see a larger deck in your future Dan. Don't forget the ramp so that you can move the Lang for road trips.

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes for sure a ramp. No stairs Dan. Ribs sound mighty tasty right now. Thanks Dan!

Very cool DW. I did notice the vacuum cleaner to keep the floors clean.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL...it does a great job cleaning the ash out of the RecTec and the firebox on the Lang

That's a great setup, but it wouldn't work for me. Neighbors too close to leave stuff in the open, and winter.

Comment

Very Nice ! ! !

Did I overlook the beer cooler or do the metal trash cans serve that purpose?

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              It was in the back of my pick up truck

• gcdmd
              gcdmd commented
              Editing a comment
              DWCowles That's too long a walk. I assume you back it up to the kitchen when you're cookin'.

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              The cooler usually stays in the outdoors kitchen but we went to our friend's house the night before and I hadn't unloaded the cooler yet.

DW you can't be a redneck without a truck.... oh wait.... I mean a couple of hound dogs or a bunch of things with extension cords

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              I do got a pick'em up truck, two dogs and lots of extensions cords ๐Ÿ˜Š

Your redneck kitchen is about the size of a typical apartment around here

Comment

DW how ya liking that Mavic Pro? Man I almost pulled the trigger the other day. They have them for sale at my local Sams Club. Been wanting one for a long time!

Comment

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                It's fun and I'm still learning with it. If you get one get the bundle pack with3 batteries. I haven't had the nerve to let it go four miles out yet but I did let it go straight up until I couldn't see it anymore. So far I have been lucky and haven't crashed it.

Good to see you putting that Mavic Pro to use!

Comment

Great looking set up DW!

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here