Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil' Monster is shining....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lil' Monster is shining....

Gave Lil' Monster a break this past weekend so I decided to clean it up and wiped it down with some food grade mineral oil. The RecTec and The Kamado Joe Big Joe pitch hit for Lil' Monster this past weekend. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1019.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	355119

She's lookin' pretty DW!!!! Nice work!

Comment

That is great DW, hope your cook with the KJ went well. Did you get to do one butt without the crutch and one with it and if so which did you like the best. I did some testing on mine today and found a couple hot spots, the back of the grill grate where I placed the probe during my pork butt cook reads quite a bit higher than the center of the grate where the meat was so I think that is why it took 17 hours to cook. I also have a hot spot on the left side of the grill when the probe is clipped about 3 to 4 inches from the edge of the grate.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        They are still cooking vandy I put the first one on @ 8:30 last night and the second one four hrs later. They don't like much longer. The Flame Boss 300 did it's job.

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DW let me know how they come out. I love that Flame Boss, I have mine going right now cooking a Chicken Alfredo dish that I got at Costco cooking it at 400 degrees.

I'll cook you a rack of ribs if you come do that to mine.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be right there

Hope the monster isn't jealous...

Comment

Th' Big Monsters are more like Dragons;
        They tend to rest, an' await opportunity, unless anybody tries to steal their horde...

Comment

Still amazed by this. She looks brand new. This man takes care of his equipment. I bet his rig is immaculate.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I've always pictured Darrell getting out of his rig (with a steak dangling from the radio knob as an air freshener) and a bunch of diet Pepsi bottles falling out, but I bet you're righter than me.

Huskee hahahahahahahahahaha!!

Comment

Take care of your things and they'll take care of you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here