Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Make a Decision on an Offset - Need the Pit's Help in narrowing it down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say the Outlaw Patio looks really sweet. No doubt. I looked but didn’t see any specific specs on the thickness of the the unit. I’m thinking from the weight advertised it’s probably 3/16” steel. Where as the LSG’s are 1/4”. My 24x36 is just a bit under 800lbs.
    But the insulated fire box might make up for that deficiency. Just my thought.
    What does get my attention is that the Outlaw is sold through retail stores so to speak. Where as with the LSG you deal directly with Chris and Amber. No middle man.
    I know this is a really tough decision for you.
    Take your time. It’s a lifetime choice.
    Again any questions I will be happy to help.
    SteveB

Comment

• Baltimorelger
      Baltimorelger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for all your help! The lonestar is winning out. A big reason is what you mention here (dealing directly with them). Very excited and hoping to place the order today.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome my friend. Just let Chris know that I am a sales rep for them in the Pit. He owes me a commission. 😁😂😂

I’ve been looking too. KBQ is at the top of my list simply because it’s more hands off, unlike the COS I have now.

But for an offset I keep coming back to the Workhorse. The quality appears to be great, which with their prices is a tremendous value.

Comment

Final update! Lonestar is the winner! Just deciding between the 20x36 or 20x42 (leaning towards 42, but going to check the yard one more time for measurements.

Should be ordering later today! Thanks all!

Comment

• Baltimorelger
        Baltimorelger commented
        Editing a comment
        6-18 weeks (according to my confirmation). So maybe a little wait, maybe a much longer wait.

In a previous thread I had asked for reccs for options. I ended up doing the outdoor wheels (I need them to traverse my chaotic yard), gas lighter assist, the upgraded firebox grate, the port holes, fireboard hole, valve thingy, fire management basket, and cover.

• Rfhd69
        Rfhd69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great choice my friend! Based on all my research you won’t be disappointed

• GroceryBoy
        GroceryBoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations! I have the 20x42. I thought for the extra $500 (not sure of the price difference now) the additional real estate was worth it.

Whoohoo. Congrats. You will not be disappointed brother. 💪🙌

Comment

LSG for the win!!!!

i don’t have one, but would love to have one if I were to ever get an offset! Enjoy that thing!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats on the LSG choice. Got my 20x36 offset fab email this past week and it says delivery is in about 3-4 weeks. There are a lot of videos on YT and there is a FB Lonestar Grillz Owner and Fan Club group that has a lot of info. Now the wait begins.

Comment

So I want to thank everyone for their help back in the summer regarding the offset I'd be welcoming to the family. I ended up having to cancel my order for my Lonestar. Chris was fantastic to work with which only increased my appreciation of what he has to offer.

We ended up having somethings come up personally that meant we needed to free up the funds quickly from the smoker purchase. Now that we're past that we're back to making a final decision. The only big change has been that over the past few months, I've been frequenting a local BBQ store in MD and they've totally won me over with their customer service and support.

So while I am sad to not be joining the Lonestar family, I'll be going with a Meadow Creek TS70P. At the end of the day having someone local to work with, getting to see it in person, and having them really work with me to customize it; won it all out in the day. (I also let my MCS get the best of me and got a BBQ26S as well which should come next week).

We're finalizing the order this weekend (just making some decisions on an all-black finish or natural finish) and we'll be off to the races.

Thanks again to everyone and so pumped to have a stick burner in the next few months.

Comment

• STEbbq
                  STEbbq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The natural finish is a nice option for sure as it is a good change from the typical and somewhat boring black.

• CandySueQ
                  CandySueQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please post a picture with natural finish. Nice reverse flow cooker! Really nice folks at Meadow Creek.

• Baltimorelger
                  Baltimorelger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just posted a photo further down the chain.

Too bad you had to unpull the trigger on the LSG. But you are getting a solid unit in the Meadow Creek. You will enjoy it no doubt.

Comment

• Baltimorelger
                  Baltimorelger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for all your suggestions and help! I really appreciate it!

Here is a photo of one with the clear finish that they made for someone else (also custom for a lefty!)
                Attached Files

Comment

• efincoop
                  efincoop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like it! Are you leaning towards that finish?

• Baltimorelger
                  Baltimorelger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am! Basically 99% sure that's where I'll go.

Wow! Cool cookers! I look forward to seeing some action shots of that chicken flipper too!

Comment

I have had great luck with my Yoder. Shipping I believe was $300 5 years ago??

For gatherings of 50 or more and the versatility to handle briskets to hams. These vertical smokers are Made in America, with a 10 year warranty.

Comment

Update! It's being delivered tomorrow! I'll have photos once it's dropped off and situated. Delivery is scheduled for 12:30 pm tomorrow, so it's going to be rough trying to distract myself until then!

Comment

• Panhead John
                      Panhead John commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congrats! It’s gonna be awesome. Can’t wait to see your first cooks.

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congrats! And my condolences on waiting for delivery. I remember walking past the window every 10 seconds all morning, pacing, waiting to see that truck coming down the road. Sigh...it always comes on the later side of the delivery window too!

• efincoop
                      efincoop commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exciting! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here