Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Stick Burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great score and fantastic first cook! That brisket looks killer!

Comment

That is waaay more than a happy medium. Meadow Creek are high quality. And yeah, ditto on the magnificent clean up. Definitely looks new. Congrats

Comment

Looking good! Nice job on the TLC. As others have said: rotating the meats is almost a must. As for too much smoke flavor: try using thinner logs/splits to get a cleaner burning fire.

Comment

• Geekandproud
          Geekandproud commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the advice Henrik. I'm already dreading getting out my chop box to cut the splits in half. That thing is an old and really heavy beast! There's no way I am going to try to explain to SWMBO that I need a new chop box to support this hobby / habit.

Cooker looks great after the clean up and touch up. Great looking food too.

Comment

Congrats on the smoker and good job on the added TLC.

Comment

Nice looking cooker, I have been looking at Meadow Creek for a while.

Comment

• Geekandproud
              Geekandproud commented
              Editing a comment
              They are having their annual auction / open house at the end of April. I am planning on going and am happy I picked this cooker up when I did. I'll feel much less compelled now to try to get a deal on a 120 or 250 gallon cooker.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here