Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New stick burner, couldn't rest the price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New stick burner, couldn't rest the price!

Academy is finishing up a huge clearance sale, and I couldn't believe the price the were selling the Oklahoma Joe Bandera vertical offset smoker for! $99!!!! At first I thought it wasn't included in the clearance, but I had my son who works at ours check. He called and said the had 1 left, but someone had it on hold already, but it was 4 days ago and they couldn't contact. He said the manager would sell it to me if the guy didnt respond by noon yesterday. Well....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190216_182206_387.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	637391 his loss is my gain! Going to do some mods to it and seal it up before I season it, but I'm glad I bought it. $99? That thing sells for $379 on Amazon, so I think I got a heck of a deal!

Good deal. Congrats and enjoy both the deal and the new smoker.

Comment

You scored big time!

Comment

Congrats from down the road in Chattanooga. In my last job, I made lots of trips thru Clarksville to the now closed Cumberland Steam Plant. Man, if I was still coming thru there I would need to help sample some of the food you will make on that smoker.

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          klflowers all you to do is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcXpKiY2MXE

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Craigar oldy and goody. I liked those guys, loved the silly tv show. Showing my age...

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          klflowers It was my favorite TV show on Saturday. I always made sure mom got me home right after my bowling league. Followed up with American Bandstand. Then the PBA Tour. I didn't have to switch the channel for about 3 hours.

Great score

Comment

Congrats on the new Rig!

Comment

That's a super deal!

Comment

I see many good cooks in the future

Comment

Beautiful! I built a medical office building next to the hospital in Clarksville about 10 years ago! Great city. It does get cold there. Also in the winter it is like at 5 pm someone just turns the lights out. Gets dark early there.

Comment

That's an amazing deal. Last fall when Wal Mart put the Oklahoma Joe Highland on clearance at $206 I thought it was a good deal. $99 for the Bandera? Unbelievable.

Comment

Nice score!

Comment

Congrats and enjoy all the great meats soon to come off that puppy.

Comment

Nice score!

Comment

Wow awesome!!! Once you get it dialed in that ought to be a smokin’ machine !!!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I honestly did not need this thing. My Old Country Over and Under does everything I need, but I do like the vertical smoker concept. Kind of like my cheap vertical gas smoker I started on, but with wood. If not for that ridiculous price, I wouldn't have bought it. I already have the first mods in my cart on Amazon. This spring is gonna be fun! Anybody else have one that can provide some advice? I'm starting with lava lock on the fire box and cook chamber door, high temp RTV between the two chambers and anywhere else not welded, lava lock latches for both chambers, and a cover for it. I plan on doing all that before starting the seasoning process. Maybe add a hole and grommet for my thermo wires, just gotta source it. Also thinking of changing the wheels out for pneumatic tires.

Comment

• klflowers
                              klflowers commented
                              Editing a comment
                              What? Of course you needed it. This is the first time I have seen that particular model, and I need it...

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here