Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Project

Made a good friend at the office who is retired and processes trees on his property to sell to people who still use wood furnaces (more than you’d expect around here). I ended up with a huge pile of sweet maple in my shed so naturally I deduced that I need a stickburner.

Went for a cheap one and I’ve been having a lot of fun on the burn in and calibration runs. Maybe a lot of this modification isn’t necessary but I had a blast doing it.

Firebox bolted together with a seam of lava lock, lava locked the firebox to the cooking chamber, firebox lid gasket, steel basket for the firebox, tuning plate for the cooking chamber, latches for the cooking chamber lid.

Attached Files

Had a 'cheap' stick burner for years before it finally burned out beyond repair. One of the best cookers I ever had and i have kept plenty of memories from family cooks around it; from Q to wood fired pizzas... ah the memories

Comment

U say ur having a lot of fun, that’s all that matters, some good food too hopefully!

Comment

PBR fun in my book. I just wonder how long it will take you to upgrade.
        Good Q in the cheapest offset smoker . . . I Bought the Cheapest Offset Smoker at Home Depot and Made a Brisket - YouTube
        Happy Grilling to you.

Comment

• jhapka
          jhapka commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn’t want to admit the brisket was good it seemed ha

Still cook on my slightly older (Metal Tagged) Oklahoma Joe...Ain't thing one wrong with em, can typically keep ~5° F difference, between th sides...

Comment

• jhapka
          jhapka commented
          Editing a comment
          Were the metal tagged ones manufactured by char broil like the new ones?

A High Life, some smoke, a couple of boxers and some food. I’m set!👍

Comment

• jhapka
          jhapka commented
          Editing a comment
          I might need more than one high life while tending this pit

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here