Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken thighs on the M1 2 zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken thighs on the M1 2 zone

Did my first 2 zone cook on the grill last night. I used my digiQ PID with a pit viper fan. Target temp for the indirect slow cook phase was 225 and I managed to keep it in the 220 to 245 range but it took lots of damper adjustments. I’ve never used the PID for any but smoking on my BGE and offset before. On those it is set it and forget it. I used half a chimney of charcoal in the searing box for indirect cooking which I think was too much.

Once the thighs hit 155 I dumped a small chimney of lit coals onto the searing box coals and moved the thighs over to crisp.

Served with Lilly’s white bbq sauce as usual. Came out great but I need to calibrate the amount of charcoal needed for the slow low phase so I don’t have to fight it going too hot.

Boneless skinless? I do the boneless skinless on my BGE @375 for about 40 minutes. Sometimes I smoke them at 225.

Comment

• rwhfly
      rwhfly commented
      Editing a comment
      bone in and skin on.

Pictures?

Comment

• rwhfly
      rwhfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Forgot... Anyway, take my word for it they were beautiful! :-)

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a little saying around here, no pix it didn’t happen ...

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't you just hate it when he old memory gives out. Then the Sargent-at Arms steps in and busts ya

I feel so much shame :-(

pics next time!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here