Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Brisket on Lone Star Grillz Offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Brisket on Lone Star Grillz Offset

I've made a few videos chronicling my journey into the world of stick burners with my LSG offset. Here's a link to my newest video.... my hope is that other stick burning newbies will gain some useful insight by learning from my mistakes & discoveries. The feedback that I have received has been really helpful for my experience so I'm trying to pay it forward.

Coolness. Heading home now..

Comment

Great job Ken. It looks like you’re getting a good feel for that beast. I’m glad to see that.
      It does kinda suck the top of the fire box gets scratched up a bit. I was also a little upset at first Did you happen to get a can of their spray paint? It works really well. I just touched up a couple of rust spots around the top of the fire box lid.
      Keep up the good work my brother.

Comment

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Steve! I really appreciate all of your advice & willingness to help a brother out!

I don't have their spray paint yet but it has crossed my mind. I noticed that they redesigned their web site & it looks like you can now place orders directly from it.

Awesome bro, I for one am enjoying your LSG journey !!

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks for taking the time to make these. I have some MCS building and am considering a LSG off set and an M1 by M grills.

Being able to to watch different cooks you have done has been so helpful!

Comment

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks @barefly.... that M1 looks like a nice pit!

Nice video thank you

Comment

Very coo! This has been great to follow your journey!

Comment

Thanks again for letting us share your journey. Brisket looked great. I also noted that you have overcome your past audio issues. Keep them coming!

Comment

• kenrobin
            kenrobin commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks.... I used a different camera for the last few videos that seem to do a better job of picking up my audio than my iPhone 8 Plus.

Oh man I LOVE your vids! I can not WAIT to get my Lone Star. I still gotta get this house done but it's going to be soon that I drive up there and order mine up. For me, I am going traditional, probably model mine very close to Steve B.

Comment

• kenrobin
            kenrobin commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Lonnie. My original order was for their traditional pipe offset model but the redesign was available for considerably less money and the lead time was only 3 weeks. I just couldn't wait any longer!

You have GOT IT MADE! My wife would make me mow the lawn before I could make a video... very good looking brisket. Sounded like 'dang good eatin'.

Comment

• kenrobin
            kenrobin commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL.... I was hoping no one would notice my overgrown lawn! We recently hired a new gardener but he had a family emergency that's taken him out of the country. My wife is now pressuring me to either get out there & do it myself or find a new gardener ASAP.

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe he'll let you have a week a year in his cabana in the islands...

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, my Mexican lawn guy has the same excuse, except it’s like every other week !!!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here